Chapter fifty five

Hello!!

Surprised I am actually updating again?? Lmao let's not jinx it now, yeah? 🤣

To people who aren't reading this because of Ramadan: when you do read the chapters, please don't be lazy and don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean the world to me❤️

I actually forgot the spellings of Yasmeen and spelt it as Yasmine. I spelt Roohaana wrong too and no one pointed it out 😱😂 this book is taking forever, I am forgetting names. I don't even know if it's Sanam Mallik or Sanam Malik🙈😂😂😭

Don't forget to Show some love 🥰❤️

Happy reading ❤️
___________________

SANAM's POV

"This is eight-fifty. Nope we can't process this," I looked up from my computer's screen to look at Andrew, "this is not in our budget."

He sighed loudly, "let's just order what we need urgently. We definitely need vaccinations for 5 new dogs."

"Five?" I frowned at him, "I thought we only had four?"

"Nope. One came last night. Rescued. He has a broken leg," Andrew said, grimly, "humans are heartless, Sanam."

I groaned, imagining the pain the puppy must be in. "You finish this up, I'll go check up on him," I told Andrew as I got up from my seat, "oh and order some painkillers too for him. We are running low."

"We can't afford that right now, let's do it next week." He suggested but I shook my head.

"Take it from my paycheck," I said, "things will get better after the fundraiser."

"Let's go halves then!" He yelled after me as I left the office, making me smile. Not all humans are that bad.

Loud, excited barks greeted me as soon as I entered the shelter. All the puppies ran towards the barred gates of their little houses, trying to jump out at me. I pressed the red button on the wall to lift the shutter that faced the garden and all of them instantly turned around and ran outside, leaving me alone with the injured one.

"Hi," I whispered softly as I approached a brown Labrador. A plastic cone was placed around his neck, to stop him from hurting his leg. His hair were still pretty long and messy; maybe his grooming appointment was yet to be scheduled. It was so small, I doubted he was older than six months.

"You are such a precious little being," I told him as I carefully unlocked the metal gate and scooped him in my arms. He howled as if agreeing with me.

"You wanna go for a walk?" I asked him as I picked up a blanket and a leash and clipped it on his collar. I wasn't going to put him down but in case he decides to jump and run off. Although he looked very weak, you can never tell with dogs.

The harsh afternoon sun somehow cheered this puppy up. He barked softly as soon as the warm gush of wind greeted us. We walked across the road to grab my usual drink and then found my spot under the tree behind the clinic.

I placed his blanket on the wooden deck before placing him down on it. "You know what you need? A name!"

"You are so beautiful and brown, I feel like you should be called Brownie!" I chuckled, voicing my thoughts. To my surprise, the puppy howled. I couldn't tell wether he agreed with me or not.

"Kitna sasta naam hai," someone else disagreed with me, making me frown. I groaned, recognizing the voice and turned to look behind me.

"Parey ho!" Shehryaar pushed the puppy's blanket towards me and sat down next to him.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें