Chapter Thirty One

HI!!😂🙊

It's so hard to get in the mood after a break!!!😭😭 it took me weeks to write the last 4-500 words after exams🙄

ALMOST 4K VOTES !!😭😭😍😍
I know I haven't been consistent with the updates. Maybe that's why so many people stopped reading 😫 but I promise I'll update as much as I can over the holidays!! 😍

And just saying; there is nothing wrong with reading requests but if you are going to send me your book to read and recommend to others, and your own bio says 'no reading requests,' then I am not going to read or recommend your book. 🤭 I mean, come on! It's supposed to be a 2-way street 😂🙊 Especially when you are expecting me or someone else to share your work with others on their social media.

______________

Recap: Hussain and Pakeezah had a fight. Hafsa tells Omar she doesn't want to wait and wants to get married as soon as possible. Hussain sees the scars on Pakeezah's back.
______________

PAKEEZAH's POV

I sat, hugging my knees, on the steps on the wooden deck. The dim moonlight and light wind promised a cold night.

I felt relieved upon not seeing anyone in the room when I finally decided to open the door. For the first time, it felt good to know that he didn't care enough.

It wasn't the questions that I wasn't prepared for, but the chance of Hussain thinking even those scars were a lie like every other lie he had earlier accused me off.

"Ab mujhse chupne ke liye poori raat yaheen baithi rahogi kya?" I shivered upon feeling Hussain's presence behind me. He sat down next to me and I slowly shifted away from him.

"Kal tak toh sabko shaq bhi ho jaayega," he sighed, "abhi toh maine bacha liya tumhein. Mama was going to bring you food but I took it from her."

I glanced at him when he offered me a plate full of food.

"I am guessing you haven't eaten anything since morning. Khaa lo," Hussain said.

I looked away from him. "I am not hungry."

"Whatever," he said, mockingly, and I instantly looked at him, feeling irritated. He just doesn't care enough!

"Ek din nahi khaogi, do din avoid karogi par uske baad kya?" He raised an eyebrow at me before filling the spoon with rice. I thought he was going to offer it to me but instead, he ate it.

He ate it!

"Yum! Sometimes daal and rice is the best dinner ever," with his mouth full, he laughed.

"Please leave me alone!" I intended to say it louder than it came out of my mouth. Hussain ignored and filled another spoon.

"You want so--"

"Aapko samajh nahi aa raha hai kya? I said Please leave me alone!" I screamed, frustrated, and got up from the wooden step.

I tried stepping away from Hussain but he wrapped his warm fingers around my wrist, stopping me. Before I could resist, he yanked my arm and pulled me close. He spun me around, making me face him.

"Mujhe bhi Tumse chipakne ka shaunk nahi hai!" He clenched his teeth as he pushed me away again, "khana rakkha hai, khaa lo."

With that, he went inside the room again and switched off the lights before lying down on the bed. I looked down at the plate and released a sharp breath that I was holding in. My stomach rumbled and I realised Hussain was right; I hadn't eaten anything since the food he sent for me earlier at the hotel. Without thinking much about it, I picked up the food and dug into it, realising Hussain was right again; daal-chawal is the best dinner at times--

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें