2.| Careful

I sighed, laying my head down on the counter as Grant and Jordan had their fun lecturing me.

"It was just a drop and run, Mace!" Grant said, slapping his hand on the counter.

I groaned.

"Oh dear god, do you ever listen?" Jordan pleaded, standing next to Grant as I lifted my head.

"Do you ever shut up?" I retorted.

They were giving me a damn headache with all of this talking.

Its not like the guy butchered me, so what the fuck was the problem?

"Macey, can't you please take this seriously?" Grant said sitting next to me.

Seriously... That's a big word for him.

"I am, Grant. The guy is fine, he didn't hurt me so why are you bothered? You sent me remember?"

"For a drop, you drop the envelope, you leave, SIMPLE" He stated.

Like you?

"Oh my god, just leave me alone. I'm a big girl, I know what I'm doing, I love you guys, but seriously" I whined.

"Okay, fine." Jordan sighed "But if he ever bothers you, please tell one of us"

"Cross my heart" I promised.

"Good girl" Grant said, pecking my lips.

I finished my breakfast as quickly as possible to get the hell out of there before they drove me mad.

Walking upstairs I headed for my bedroom, Jordan had given me the master since I 'was a girl and needed my privacy' so I had a bathroom of my own, I wasn't complaining.

I grabbed a set of clothes, which consisted of a long muscle tee and a pair of leggings, before heading to the bathroom for a shower.

When I got out I towel dried my long hair and let it hang in its natural waves.

I wasn't about to bother with makeup because it would literally melt off in the ridiculous heat.

I needed to find a job, so that's where I was going.

"Bye, Jor!" I called over my shoulder as I left the house.

I didn't wait for a response as I hopped into my car and headed out.

I filled out a few applications here and there, not a lot of options out here in hell.

Satisfied with what I'd done I headed to the Luna Mesa to get an application and maybe eat.

Not because of Mac.

That didn't stop my disappointment when he wasn't there, though.

"Can I help you, miss?" A man asked from behind the bar.

"Uhmm, yeah, are you hiring?" I asked hopefully.

"Don't usually take outside help" he scratched his head, "what can you do?"

"Anything you need, I'm just new here in town and I need a job, there isn't much" I laughed nervously.

"Okay... I can put you on a few nights a week, I guess, what's your name?" He aked.

"Macey Howard, and thank you" I said sticking my hand out to him.

He shook it gently, "Walter, and don't thank me yet, you have no idea what you've just signed up for" he chuckled a bit, his slight accent playing the words beautifully.