6.| Words i couldn't say

I watched Mac patiently, as he twisted a knife in his hands.

He looked deep in thought, taking a few more hesitant steps I decided to make my presence known.

"Mac?" I called out softly.

He rushed to pit his knife away before turning around, "Sit" he demanded.

Ever heard of please and thanks?

Guess not.

"Plan on killing me?" I joked as I sat down on the rock.

He looked genuinely confused at my assumption.

"The knife?" I questioned, remembering he hasn't exactly seen me creeping on him.

"Oh, uh.." He started.

"I'm joking" I said gesturing for him to sit also.

He sat next to me on the rock, looking at me silently for a moment, "First things first, I don't do this kinda shit-er, stuff"

"What stuff?" I asked curiously.

"Friends and talkin about stuff" he said finally.

"Well, im honored" I spoke barely above a whisper as I waited for him to start explaining why I was here.

"This conversation is about Grant, I wanted to tell ya what was in the envelope ya gave me"

Yes!

"Don't say nothin or I'll lose my balls, and just please please don't run" he sighed rubbing his hand over his face.

I nodded.

"Here goes nothin'" he chuckled nervously,"It was money in that envelope, Grant owed me for a front on some pretty heavy shit. Called me up that morning and said the money was coming that night, said it was only half of what he owed me and I could..uh." He paused looking down.

"What? It's okay.." I wanted him to continue, if anything I felt like Grant was into drugs all along, I doubt Jordan knew, but I figured. Grant was way to stupid for it to be natures fault.

"He told me I should- If I wanted to I could- he shit." He still couldn't tell me, whatever it was I couldn't hate him for it.

I'd like to think we've gotten pretty close over the last month or two and maybe I'd be mad but I'd forgive him, its not like he was a murderer.

"He told me to take the rest of it outta you, if I wanted to I could..ya know" he wouldn't meet my eyes.

I was furious, but not for the reason he thought. He didn't even know me on that night and he still didn't do it, it was Grant I was pissed about.

"Please don't run" he whispered.

"I'm not. Keep talking." I said simply.

"He wanted me to settle his debt...by drugging you, raping you"

"But you didn't... Why?" I was surprised by the words I was saying.

"Couldn't" so that explains why he looked at me so pitifully when I sat with him all that time ago on my second day here.

"Okay so that's it then? You sell drugs to Grant, Grant cares nothing about my virginity- or me?" I sighed, it didn't hurt as bad as it should.

"Your what?" Mac asked surprised.

Of course all he heard was virginty. The male brain, such a mystery.