PROLOGUE

Sometimes, hardships and pain come together

And they make you feel not better

But keep your hopes up for joy will all soon gather

~ ofwordsandcolours

________

'I'm so sorry, Ms. Sparks.'

I never thought that one day, my pitiful life in this world would ever be much pitiful in just a snap.

'We haven't thought that we would discover such a thing in you.'

Well yeah, the same goes for me.

I have never expected that I'm going to have such a thing as what they called it.

'We're really sorry for you. But I must suggest that you might try to undergo in our procedures.' What for.

Those words keep on ringing in my head.

I didn't bother to hear the other words that the doctor has said to me.

What for.

I guess it is better for me to just put my hands up and embrace what's ahead of me than to stay in this place. After all, I'm all by myself, and I consider my life as nonsense.

I look down once again at the paper resting in my hands.

3 months, eh? That's still quite long. Lucky me.

Sigh.

I'm drowning with my own thoughts when a knock on my door comes abruptly.

Knock. Knock.

I guess that's Cindy.

("Hey Annie! Are you up already? We're running out of time!") I'm right. It's her.

She's the only person that I've got in this cruel world.

"I'm coming!" I answer.

("Make sure you have your gloves with you, a'right?")

"Yeah!" I say.

Every Saturday, we're used to helping a restaurant in a nearby town to grow its own vegetables, like farmers.

It's quite good, we get a considerable amount of money. That's what we're up to. And I'm wholly devoted to that part-time job, why? Because my parents have just left me with their savings account of which as-a-matter-of-fact, I didn't know how it would help me make it even at the end of this semester.

Yeah, to simply put - I'm running out of money.

I'm an adopted child. I don't know how and why. What I just know is that my so-called parents were not really my biological parents.

Lucky me again, my so-called parents didn't have a life that I can consider as good or even better.

I don't know a thing about my biological parents nor the immediate family of my adopted parents.

I didn't bother to know or search for them, for I thought I could survive in this cruel world just by myself.

But there goes the unexpected turn of events in my life.

I'm so lucky.

I just manage to go to University because of my wits. I'm a scholar. Thanks for my given intelligence.

The best thing is that I don't need to worry about those things anymore.

I'm going to leave after all.