Chapter 7

In every second, hour, and so many days,

You know what you want, but when will you act?

How long will it take you to finally step up the stairs

and not just stare up at the steps?

How long can you wait?

~ ofwordsandcolours

________

Anna

I'm soon to be late.

It's Friday now. The last day of my tryout photo shoots.

And do you know what time is it right now?

2:45 AM

Do you know what does it mean? I'm just 3 hours away before the sunrise.

I don't know. I don't know why it had to be at this hour - in this kind of hour.

I was still so tired from yesterday's photoshoot. I literally didn't have a wink. It's a good thing Cindy was with me last night, and after my photoshoot, we hit a nearby midnight snack bar.

At least I was not to bring her food again, like what happened last Wednesday.

- Flashback -

I'm sure there's something wrong with her on that day.

After my photoshoot, and after my little chat with my boss, I hit the restaurant and ordered some food for the night, because as what my boss said, we only had a little snack for dinner, and we can't really call it dinner.

So, I brought some food to the flat, and when I was just maybe 15 meters away from the front door of the building, I saw Cindy walking back and forth in front of the building.

I called her name in an asking manner.

"Cindy?" She heard me, and right away, she went inside. A small smile was formed on my lips.

She waited.

I managed to go back at 11:30 PM because I didn't know that the photoshoot would take so much time, so for the first time, it was inevitable that I'm not sure of the time. So I went back late.

And I know Cindy has been moping around. She has all that gloomy clouds over her head since I told her about this modeling thing. It's already hard for her to accept me working as a waitress every after-school hours, so I know that it would definitely be a big blow for her to not be with me even after my duty in the restaurant.

She's strong, but unlike me, she literally can't stand alone. She needs me.

And so I ran towards her door and knocked.

"Cindy? I know that you're in there. I saw you." Though I didn't really have to apologize for going back late, I felt the urge to do so.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that it would be much longer than I expected," I said.

"Come on, open up this door now." It took me 10 minutes of knocking before Cindy finally opened the door.

"Annie!" she exclaimed sadly as she launched herself to hug me. There were tears again in her eyes.

"I'm certain that you always want to cry over to my new dresses, right?" I joke.

"Annie!" She let out a laugh and managed to hit me on my shoulder.

"You should stop that," I said and smiled at her.

"Don't want to." She said and pout.

"Anyway, look, I brought some food for us," I chirped.