Chapter 63

A/n: I love both! I love cheesecakes and brownies! And for the next question - which do you prefer to wear on a daily basis: shorts or leggings? Let me know your answers down below!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

My palms begin to sweat with the sight of Luke holding out the bouquet of roses in front of me.

"Luke, I ..."

He seems to notice my stillness and his smile drops a little. I can see the pain as it crosses in his eyes.

"Anna, I ..." He walks closer until his just two feet apart from me.

"Luke -"

"Just listen for a minute, I -"

"Luke, I'm sorry, I can't -"

"No! I mean, I have something to say -" he gently grabs ahold of my arm.

"This," he gives the flowers to me. "they're from Matthew," he says.

Wait - from Matthew?

"Really?" That's all I can say.

"Yes, he and I, we... we've been talking about it for the past few days," he speaks with sincerity although the pain is still there.

Oh, Luke...

"I know that misunderstanding will not lead to any good, besides we're a family. "

I don't know what to say or react about this, It's too sudden,

But I should be happy, and yes - I am! I'm happy - that's what I'm feeling right now.

"I also learned a lot from you, Anna, from the last time we spoke to each other...," he looks straight into my eyes and squares his shoulders. "but there's one thing that I want to get cleared."

"I loved you," he says, and there goes the pain once again. The pain that I caused him.

"I still do, but I know it can't be. I lost my chance. And I'm choosing my brother now - my family, then maybe I can find true happiness and not be so self-centered as what you've told me last time..."

He's trying to change for the better now.

I smile at the thought.

"Is there anything else?" I ask.

"Ah, yes! I would also like for us to be friends, or maybe, at least please don't hate me anymore," he speaks with nervousness in his voice.

Luke mustered up all his courage to make this happen. To think that he's now standing in front of me, asking for forgiveness, who could say no to that?

And if there's only one thing that I can think of as a life quote, it is the 'it's never too late to make a change'. especially if it's going to be for the better.

And so, who am I not to forgive and give him a chance to start anew?

"Luke -"

"I know it won't be easy, and I understand. I just - I just want to make things right, I'll try to make things right."

I smile at him.

"I already forgive you, Luke." I give him on his shoulder. "And yes, it might not be easy, but I'm glad you're now really trying to be a better version of yourself,"

He's being so tensed and nervous from the very beginning, but now I can notice his shoulders as they relax.

"Thank you, Anna." he smiles.