Chapter 47

Anna

The holiday is long gone.

We're back to reality and I'm at the school now. With non-other than my best friend Cindy.

I got home alone the next day after Matthew and I spent a night in a hotel because of the hard rain. 4 days have already passed since that day. And it's another Monday now.

I still haven't told Cindy about what happened to me and Luke. I still haven't told her either about me and Matthew at a hotel room. She would totally freak out if I let her know. And I don't like her being mad at me or to Luke or stab Matthew for spending a night with me at a hotel.

"Annie, what do you want to eat today?" she asks me with her right arm clinging on my left arm.

"I don't really feel like eating now, Cindy." She glares at me.

"Don't give me that crap, Annie!" she hisses.

"Is everything okay?" she blurts out. I don't want to lie to her about Luke and Matthew but I don't want her to be troubled as well. She's having another family problem right now. She told me before that her mother wants a divorce with her father.

She's quite troubled about it. And I don't want to add up another trouble on her plate.

"Of course." I smile at her.

"Fries?" she smiles back at me.

"You share with me." I say. The french fries servings here are good enough for two people.

"Barbeque or sour cream?" she asks wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Both." We arrive at our usual table.

"Alrighty then! Wait here and I'll be back." She's gone to the stall. Maybe I should buy us some drinks. When I'm about to leave my bag at the table and buy some drinks, my phone rings once again. I sigh.

I know who's that.

I fish out my phone and unlocks it.

Right. It's Luke.

He's been so persistent on texting me and trying to call me ever since we had that small scene at the restaurant. I told him that I'm okay and that he doesn't need to be worried about me. I even told him that I already forgave him. But he keeps on telling me that we should meet up and straighten things out once again.

I don't know, but, I don't like to see him yet. Maybe its because I was kind of afraid that the same thing will happen. And if that's gonna be the case, I don't think that I will still be able to look at him with the same impression that I have when I first met him. It's gonna be sad for both of us.

He wants to meet me after school.

No.

Cindy will be involved if he's going to meet me after school. And I don't want that to happen.

I text him back.

"I'm back!"

"Oh!" I almost jump off my feet. Cindy throws a confused look at me.

"What now, Annie? Are you having intolerable caffeine in your life now? You're being jumpy lately." She jokes as she sits across me with a bowl of barbeque and sour cream fries with mayonnaise dip.

"I still have to get us some drinks –"

"You haven't bought us any yet?"

"Well..." She looks at me with a frown.