Chapter 13

Anna

I head straight to the office when I come in through the back door.

Wait, let me just wipe away my sweat before I proceed towards the door of the office.

"Anna!" someone just abruptly embrace me. Guess who...

"Ella, go back outside, there are lots of customers!" Fiona barks at her.

"Um, okay, I'll be there!" Is she done now? I need her to let me go now.

"Ella."

"Oh, I'm sorry Anna, I am just so happy to see you." I understand. I can clearly see it and feel it.

"Is Mrs. Engel inside her office?" I ask.

"Yes, she's inside." she says to me while smiling.

"Oh, okay then. I need to go there, so you can go back now outside." I say, with the intention of shooing her away.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry, I forgot. See you later then Anna!" she says as she goes back on the dining hall.

"Anna? Is that you?" Mrs —

"Mrs. Engel! Yes, it's me. How have you been doing?" she comes out from the office.

"Oh, I'm good now, thank you. Wilfred is inside actually, the doctor already allowed him to go home and just rest. He's now recovering." she says, with a relieved expression. That's really a relief.

"Oh, that's great to know Mrs. Engel. I'm so glad to hear that." I say, smiling as I go near towards her.

"Did you just arrive? It seems like you headed straight from school to here." she says, while holding a tray. What's that for?

"Oh yes, Mrs. Engel. I forgot to phone call you and I want to immediately know how things ended up and so I headed straight here." I say.

"Oh Anna, you're so thoughtful and sweet. Thank you so much. By the way, I haven't thanked you personally for what happened last Friday." she says.

"I'm happy to be of some help to you Mrs. Engel. But I'm curious as to why you're holding a tray now Mrs. Engel, do you need something I can help you with?" I ask, closing the gap between us.

"Yes yes, my dear. I may need some light snacks for Wilfred. His appetite seems to have come back." she says, with a glimpse of joy in her eyes.

"That's good Mrs. Engel, may I be of service to you? Let me do it." I say.

"That's a good idea, dear Anna. Bring us some snacks good for three." she says, handing me the tray.

"For three, Mrs. Engel?" I ask, to clarify.

"Yes yes, also for both of us. Come inside the office after you get the snacks. Don't bother to change your clothes into a service uniform. I need you to come inside." she says, smiling with thoughtful eyes.

"But Mrs. Engel —"

"Don't worry, my dear. I will still pay you for your today's work." she puts her hands on my arms.

"Mrs. Engel, that's not what I mean —"

"Now go, Wilfred is waiting inside, and I'll also wait for you inside." and with that, she comes back inside her office.

"Well, well, well, look at this leech." Fiona.

"So, you don't have to work today but you'll still get paid. What's that kind of a joke? Seriously, what have you let them eat?" she barks. What a kind of thinking this girl has.