Chapter 22

A/n: Yeyy! Here's the new update! I hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter! Merci beaucoup! See you soon on the next update!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

For a moment, I am stunned. I am torn between looking up to confirm what my senses are telling me or just let my head sink deeper so that the person with whom the voice came from can't see me. But then, of course, I'm not the only one who does have senses - especially sense of sight.

"Anna?" he whispers in shock. "I can't believe that we can meet on a bus." He shifted and turn towards me. I still can't look at him. But then, of course, I'm not the only one who does have senses - Cindy heard and see him.

"Oh my! Is that...Matt...?" she whispers to me while her eyes are completely planted on Matt. She notices that I'm not yet raising my head to meet the eyes of the man in front of me, so, instinctively, she turns around and leaves me alone. Great. She doesn't want to butt in.

"Anna, are you okay?" Matt's voice is a gentle whisper. I decided to lift my head up and end this conversation right away.

"I'm okay, Matt." I notice that he's also wearing a hoodie, it's just that, the hood is actually on his head and not just dangling on his back like my hoodie. Is he hiding from someone? Of course, he is. He's a known MVP, after all. I quickly turn around away from him.

"Hey, Anna -"

"I'm actually not in the mood right now." I dismiss his assault of conversation without any care. Am I being too rude? Why do I feel resentful towards him? Is it because of Luke? Is it because of him being a momma's boy? Is it because he's spoiled and —

"I'm sorry... It's just that... " sorry for what? "It's just that, I'm pleased to see you again... " what is he talking about? A frown made its way on my face. Cindy turns her head on me and she's obviously eavesdropping. I glare at her. But do you know what she did? She mouthed 'you're rude!'  towards me. This girl!

"Anna, I don't want to be rude, but, can I ask as to why you don't want to talk to me?" he whispers closely to me. My dear best friend turns away again. Why is Matthew even on the bus in the first place? Doesn't he have a car? He does have, right? So, why?! I won't be in this kind of situation if he's not here.

"Matt -" I face him once again. "I don't want to get any attention, especially when I'm in a public place." I simply say. Well, although that is an excuse, it's also the truth.

"Oh, I see, Anna. Okay. I'll just be waiting till after exams. I want to talk to you about something." he says. What something? Nevertheless, I just shake my head at him in disagreement and turn my back away from him.

"We're down here." Cindy says and she immediately pushes the button. We hurriedly get out of the bus and almost fly towards the college building, with exams and being late on her mind while I on the other side is trying to stabilize my breathing.

Good luck with the exams, Anna.

---

"Ugh! Finally! Exams are done!" Cindy exclaims right after we go out of the building.

"I just hope I could make it on the passing grade." I whisper to myself, but of course, my dear best friend does have a special hearing ability.

"What? What do you mean?" she inquires with a bit of suspicion.

"No, nothing."

"I'm sure you'll do just fine." she affirms. "You did study before exams, so there's no way your scores would be below average." Ha! I hope so. I didn't have a proper review if you just know. I'm worried because I might have to pay the maintenance fees if my grades would be low. Anyway, I almost forgot that I actually don't know if I'll still be alive before school ends. Haha. That's hilarious.