Chapter 4

Some new things are meant to come.

And it's the same with

some old things are meant to be gone,

for good, better and best.

~ ofwordsandcolours

________

Anna

Today is Saturday.

As usual, I'm heading to the restaurant now. Though today, my task is farming and not serving as a waitress.

But today, Cindy is not with me. She went back to her parent's house though she really hates to do that. Cindy would just go there in the hope of getting a lot of extra allowance and budget, which she needs for both of us.

She's really such a good friend. But I never take advantage of that. She volunteers to pay my rent for the next month to really enjoy all the fun that I want to have. I declined, of course.

But I know Cindy. She's pretty stubborn.

___

After almost one hour of traveling time, at last, I arrive here.

I push the doorbell at the back door of the restaurant, and after three tries, it opens.

"Good morning Mrs. Engel!" I greet the old woman in such an enthusiastic tone, and I smile.

"Hello dear Anna, and good morning to you too." she smiles back at me, displaying all the wrinkles on her face. She opens the door wide, and we go inside.

"Cindy is not with you?" she asks as she locks the door.

"Yes, she went back to her parent's house this early in the morning, that's why." I prepare my gloves and put the apron on my neck, and tie it around my waist.

"I see. You two are sure running out of allowance, yes?" Mrs. Engel comes to face me with a worried expression.

"No, we're fine, Mrs. Engel, it's just that, you know Cindy. She always wants to have lots of extra allowance and budget to get what she needs." I say so she won't be worried about us.

"Oh yes, I forgot about that. But I'm telling you, if you two need our help, we won't hesitate to give you the best help that we can do. You two are so special to us, okay?" Mrs. Engel says, and she smiles, a reassuring smile.

"Yes, Mrs. Engel, and thank you so much." I smile back at her.

"Okay, time to start harvesting the potatoes, then after that, the carrots and make sure to water the eggplants, and the rest, you already know what to do."

"Yes, Mrs. Engel. Thank you."

"I'll leave you there for now." Then she goes out from another door.

Okay, so I guess I have lots of tasks to do since Cindy is missing in action. Time to get started now. Go, Anna!

___

"Hello there, Anna." Oh, there he is.

"Good afternoon Mr. Engel." I'm already done harvesting the potatoes and carrots.

"I'm here to get the potatoes and carrots. They are needed already in the kitchen." Already?

"No problem, Mr. Engel, I'm done with it." I hand him a box of carrots and potatoes that I just harvested.

"No, Anna, I'll be there to pick that up. No need to lift it and hand it to me." Oh, thank you, Mr. Engel, because my hands already feel so hot and stressed for finishing the tasks quickly.