Chapter 44

A/n: Here's another chapter for you guys! Please don't forget to VOTE or COMMENT. I am in dire need of support. I will really appreciate it. :) Enjoy!

~ Miss Elle

________

Matthew

I can't take it anymore!

Mom and Dad are making me crazy!

No - they're actually making me enrage!

They don't allow me to step out of the house - except when I have to go to the Basketball training. But they're driving for me. If it's not Mom, it's going to be Dad.

Why are they so unfair to me?!

And guess what - I'm miserable now while Luke is on the loose!

Why do I feel like I'm in some kind of house arrest or worse - I feel like I'm a freaking 5th grader!

This is freaking too much!

I missed her...

I have her phone number but I can't even send her a message because I'm being ashamed of what she has to go through for all the troubles that we've caused to her.

Every time I think about the moments we've shared far from everyone and the troubles that have happened to her, I'm being terribly anxious.

Damn! Why do they have to ruin everything?

"Alright, break time!" our coach informs us as we stop from continuous dribbling.

"S***! Break time? It's holiday now!" And yes, that's another irritation, making my day more miserable. It's a holiday now and we're supposed to be free from school - but here we are, training from a bright day up until late at night.

"Our coach is ruthless..." but he somehow favors me sometimes.

"Hey Matt, want to join me for a quick smoke in the parking lot?" what.

I'm not smoking. I haven't tried one before - but since I'm so pissed right now, maybe I can try.

"Bro, we can't - look, it's raining."

Damn.

Why is everything seems not going in my favor?

Exasperated, I just get my bag, bring out my extra shirt and get change. I fish out my phone from the pocket and check it again. Yes, again. Because I've been checking it out lately for quite some numerous times - waiting for a message.

A message from her...

I've been expecting to receive one from her. If only she could send one for me - I'm going to reply as soon as possible and ask for forgiveness.

If I were not too ashamed about what had happened...

If I am courageous enough like on the day my lips touched hers...

Am I really a no match for her? Could there be really a chance for her to end up with me instead of Luke?

What if I'm just being too arrogant on that day and being so ahead of myself - and what if what I said to Anna on that day weren't really true?

That it's not true that... I love her.

Do I really love her?

Running my hands through my hair, I let out a sigh.

"You okay, Matt?" Ivan asks. He's one of my teammates.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" Yes, Ivan. I am. Now, could you please leave me alone?