Chapter 49

Anna

"Annie!"

Cindy's already buzzing on my ear

"Annie!"

Why is it that it seems like Cindy is just beside me?

"Annie! You have to wake up now!"

She's really on my ears...

"In case you're still dreaming, you are on my bed now. And we have a mission today – so you better get up now!"

Thud.

My eyes fly open as I hit the cold, hard floor.

Cindy's feet with her favorite hello kitty slippers is the first thing I see from my uncomfortable position right now.

"I hate to do that, but I have to." She mumbles. I blink.

Did she just – did she just toss me?

"Now, get up and I've already prepared some breakfast for us. We have to move quickly."

Things are not yet sinking in my mind

I yawn and curled up on my left side.

"Annie!"

"Mmmm"

"The mission! Remember the mission!" What mission?

"Mmmm?"

"Alright, I'll leave you on your own and let you face everyone after your little rendezvous scene with Matthew!"

Ting!

Ting! Ting! Ting!

Abruptly, I sit up and look straight to Cindy, with wide red eyes.

My vision is still hazy with my bloodshot eyes. I remember that we slept late last night. And what is the time now?

I quickly grab my phone at the nightstand and look at the screen.

4:00 AM

4:00 AM?!

"Cindy -"

"Hush."

"Hush? You're hushing me now? Do you realize that we had just slept for roughly 3 hours?"

"This is not for me, Annie. Remember that." Right.

"Did you even sleep?"

"Of course. What do you think of me? A vampire? Maybe at times..."

I glare at her. She didn't really sleep.

"I can't sleep. That's all." She pouts. See?

I gather myself up and fix the bed. Then I follow Cindy towards her mini dining area. Eggs and bacons are already at the table with loaves of wheat bread and a cup of expresso and hot chocolate.

"Dig in." She signals me to sit down and eat right away.

"What's your plan?" Across me, she raises her eyebrow at me.

"We talk after we eat, Annie." she takes her first bite.

Honestly. I'm still anxious about how this day is gonna go. Cindy got a plan but I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to play along according to her plan. Nevertheless, I have to show up today.

It's not a big deal to start seeing the prominent school MVP in the town, right? It's not like he's a kind of celebrity, right?

I'm going to be fine, right?