Chapter 65

Anna

Eating with the Harrisons was not that bad.

We finished dinner last night with extraordinary diplomacy.

Melissa was not much unbearable with Matthew around.

Caleb was trying to be comical all the time, and Luke was backing him up.

There were laughing and smiling here and there.

Matthew and I, on the other hand, we were trying to enjoy the good food that was served in front of us while keeping a short conversation in between.

And oh, heck, this family can truly spend.

A whole month's budget for just a one-night dinner is not bad. It's very bad.

I can't imagine spending that much on dinner.

That's why I really tried to enjoy the served good food.

In the end, I'm satisfied with it.

After the meal, Matthew decided to go back to his condo, and I decided to stay the night with him.

Melissa and Caleb didn't ask any questions. Luke did. But we're all good.

And just for clarification - we didn't engage in any tiring activity.

I made it a priority.

And today, obviously, we woke up late in the afternoon.

And by the way, Felicia is here. That's also one of the reasons why we didn't.

After finishing a scrumptious brunch, Matthew decided to go somewhere.

And now, we're on the road.

"Aren't you tired?" I ask, gently caressing his cheek - which I should not overdo, or else he'll be distracted.

"Don't worry, we got a good night's rest last night, besides, we woke up late," he says.

"So, where are we going now?" I ask, confusedly.

"It's a secret," he says with a smile playing gently on his lips.

"A secret?" I can't help but feel excited.

"Yes," he says as he holds my hand and moves it closer to him, giving it a soft kiss.

A soothing sensation arises.

"Just make sure that we don't have to go far because just so you know, we have classes tomorrow," I say, getting my hand back from his hold.

"Oh no, what should I do? I'm hoping you'll be with me until tomorrow," he speaks with his coy smile.

"Matt -"

"I haven't told you yet," his expression suddenly changes.

"What is it?" I ask, wondering what it could be.

"I'll be gone for the entire week -"

"Again?!" My tone gets a bit high out of a sudden.

Matthew notices it. I actually think he's a bit shocked.

Me too.

"I haven't -"

"You haven't."

"I should've told you sooner, I was just -"

"You should really have," I speak with a monotonous tone.

I don't know if I'm just upset because he didn't tell me about it earlier OR if I'm about to cry because of the fact that Matthew is leaving and we won't be together again for another entire week!!!