Chapter 45

Anna

We arrive at the nearby hotel.

The drive was a haze. And I'm not sure whether it's because of the not do good weather or because of my hazy head.

Too much crying is such a pain in the head.

And to think that I'm still not too accustomed to crying. the effect is more crucial for me.

"Anna, we have a problem." Matthew informs me as he comes back from the receptionist counter. I am sitting on one of the accommodating chairs in the lounge area.

"What is it?" I ask, my voice is a crack. I'm going to have a drink of two or three glasses of water later.

"I only got a room for us." He looks pretty worn out and worried.

"No problem -"

"One bed." oh. But, I think we can manage it.

"You'll have the bed, I'll be at the couch -"

"Anna, there's no couch." oh. That makes me look at the name of the hotel.

We're at a nearby hotel - a not so popular one since it's not on the main city part. Retro Hotel is the name.

I look back at Matthew.

Actually, he doesn't need to worry that much about the room. Because I know too well that we're not going to do anything on our stay there for a whole night.

But I get where he's coming from.

After all, a female is different from a male.

"I don't want to cause any trouble to you, Anna." We can't go back to our homes. I don't want Cindy to know about what happened between me and Luke, lest what happened to me in the middle of the pouring rain. Matthew can't go back home as well. He doesn't want to leave me. I'm the one causing trouble to him right now.

I hold his hand and flash a smile at him.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I say. Both our hands are still cold.

"Anna..." He regards me for a moment whether he's going to allow it or not.

"Alright! Come, we need to dry ourselves now." He smiles back at me.

Our room is located on the 3rd floor, left-wing, second room. I've heard a while ago that the rooms are all fully booked now due to the heavy rain outside. Some travelers are stranded. Maybe that's why Matthew was just able to get a room with a single bed. Totally not his fault. Besides that, we're still fortunate because we got a room. Or else, we won't have any place to go to in the middle of the raging rain.

He unlocks the door.

"You fix yourself first then I'll go next." he says as we enter into the room.

The room is looking plain and classic. The wall is painted brown and white. The ceiling is low-medium height without any chandelier. The lights are pretty simple, not really fancy.

There is a table and a chair across the room. The bed is located at the center. The bathroom is on the left side of the door. At least there's a television and of course, the air conditioner and a heater. It's already pretty decent for me.

"I'm sorry, this is all we can just have now -"

"Hey, there's no need to apologize." I say as he locks the door behind us.

"Well, at least we have a place to dry ourselves." he shrugs.

"Yes, and that's what matters most." I say.