Chapter 6

In a world full of unknown beings,

you should be alert.

For some time, even a lovely piece of candy tastes like one heck of a crap.

~ ofwordsandcolours

________

Anna

"We're done here. I'll see you on Wednesday to have your first photoshoot." He said as he shook my hand, and then he left.

Now, I'm at school, and Cindy is here with me now, pestering me.

"Come on, Annie! You gotta tell me the whole story!" she says with her pouting lips.

"That's it, Cindy, nothing more." I flatly say.

"Really? So, later you're heading to that place and then do the photoshoot?" she asks again.

"Yes, you want to come with me?" There, I already let the question out, which she ever wanted to hear from the beginning.

"Oh no, Annie. I'm glad that you ask. But no, I want you to grow up. So, you'll gonna go by yourself." What? Ha-ha. This girl.

"Okay," I say and then grab my bag and walk away from her.

"Wait, Annie!" Wait for your face, Cindy. Ha-ha.

I'm feeling kind of in a good mood today.

___

I'm inside my room now. Alone.

I look up at my calendar hanging on the wall. It's been one week and two days now since I discovered something about myself.

Well, I'm keeping track of my remaining days.

Sigh.

It's 5:30 now in my time. I should get going now to the place where Mr. Black and his company are.

I took my little bag and my cap.

My clothes?

I just decided to put on some leggings and a loose maroon blouse, and of course, a pair of good shoes. Well, this one is actually old but still excellent and comfy.

I go out of my room and locks the door behind me.

After that, as I'm about to leave, I saw the door of Cindy's room.

I knock,

"Hey Cindy, I'll be going now. Make sure to eat your dinner, okay?" I say outside her door. It looks like she doesn't want to answer me.

"I'll be back no later than 10:00 pm!" I shout so that she can hear me if ever her earphones are plugged in her ears.

And then I left.

___

"You're dressing room is here sweetie, the make-up artist will be dealing with what kind of look you should have for today's photoshoot, okay?" he says as he looks straight into my eyes.

"Okay," I reply.

"Good. After that, you should wear that clothes there and if you need any help, call the apprentice of the make-up artist to assist you," he adds, pointing towards the apprentice to who he's referring.

"Okay," I say as I nod.

"Good. Now, let's begin," Mr. Black says. He left me with these two-unknown people, both on my side.

Maybe he doesn't want me to know everything in just a snap. Besides, I still have to do three tryouts before we can settle with a contract.

Yes, I need to have three tryouts.