Chapter 43

Anna

It's my first time in a Japanese Restaurant.

Luke and I have already finished our bowls of ramen.

He ordered Tonkatsu Ramen and I had my Miso Ramen - I just love the unique taste of it which resembles my favorite cheese and nuts.

I'm now left with my iced tea.

"I really enjoyed the ramen, Luke." I say. And also, the dinner. It's been a while since we've had dinner together. The formal dinner where he brought me at a French Restaurant is one of my unforgettable memories and moments that I'm going to cherish forever. I'm sure of it.

"I really enjoyed our dinner, Anna." Yes, and the casual small talk. He knows well that I don't talk much when I'm eating. So basically, we haven't really talk until now.

"Thank you for the treat -"

"I want to apologize to you, Anna." Oh, speaking of the talk. This is gonna be real talk.

He takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for causing such trouble to you..." I think he's being sincere now.

"Alright -"

"I was just really being upset on those times - since Matt has gone missing." Which you haven't told me about. Those were you're M.I.A days.

"Then I found out that you were also gone - I was in rage..." Oh, Luke...

I can understand why. We've been doing good together before all these things have happened. Well, technically we're not yet together as in a couple on a romantic relationship - we're still on the phase of dating, If I'm not mistaken.

"When I found out about it, I knew right away that Matt took you." Matthew didn't take me though. I -

"He's mad at me and he wants to take you away from me - like what he's always been doing since when we were little kids." My brows rise up and I had to take another sip on my iced tea.

I think Luke has gotten a different idea about what has happened. I should better clarify things to him -

"Luke, I want -"

"Anna!" Oh my gosh - what is it?

He snatches my hands off the table.

"Matt is trying to steal you away from me. I'm just really glad that he brought you back and that you're not in any harm - but due to my pent-up rage towards him - I caused some trouble and everyone was affected..." Yes, you are right on the last part.

"I'm also sorry about my mother Melissa. She slapped you. If I haven't punched Matt and get into trouble, she wouldn't blame it on you - it's all my fault..."

"Don't worry, Luke, all is good now." I put my other hand over his hands which are still holding my left hand. He looks up back at me. His striking blue eyes seem to be talking to me and his black hair in a neat cut is accompanying the kind of vibe Luke is giving right now.

He has such good looks, too pretty, striking, soft and gentlemanly features all at the same time.

Wait, why am I just seeing this right now? I mean, we've gone out for quite a lot of time already but this is the only time that I get to describe how he really looks like.

Ah, I know why...

I got used to his appearance already that I'm not paying much attention to what he really looks like. And today is different. I can see a lot of things in his face, especially on his eyes... They're a bit different now...