EPILOGUE

A/n: Up to this point, I still can't believe that I am now writing the epilogue of this story. I'm a reader and a writer, but to be honest, I am more of a reader than a writer - I have a lot of ideas and stories in my head but in the end, they tend to overwhelm me and I ended up getting stuck. Thus, this epilogue is such a great achievement for me. 

This story might not be famous and it might not get a lot of reads, but I'm grateful to reach this point. I thank all of my readers, those who voted and those who also reach this point of the story. 

We all know that the world is a bit in chaos now, (I'm writing this on the 16th of April 2020) and everything seems to be overwhelming for everyone. And so, I might as well take this chance to take a break and reflect and at the same time, sharpen a bit of my slipping skills. 

But yes - there will be a sequel for this story. (I'm announcing it too soon! >,<) There are still a lot of plots that have not been touch and of course - our Matthew and Anna pairing is not gonna end too soon! 

Anyway, this author's note is becoming too long. I will bid my farewell for now. Adios ~

Miss Elle

________

Anna

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

I don't know how long I've been unconscious.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

The heaviness in my chest is hard to deny.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

The sound of the ticking clock is hypnotic, lulling me to fall back to sleep.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

But I must endure and wake up now, or else, I would never know when I'll ever wake up again. 

Thus, slowly, I open my eyes.

The first thing that I see is the plain white ceiling above me, and the slightly dimmed light.

And before I can even roll my eyes to another direction, the face of the nurse abruptly comes in full view.

"You're awake!" I almost jump out in surprise. Phew.

Good thing, my heart seems fine.

"I will call the doctor right away!" I give her a faint smile before she walks away.

Now, I have the time to shift my sight.

As I roam my eyes around, it seems like I'm in a kind of private room. Is it an ICU? I'm not sure. Doctor Hillary seems to have placed me inside a special room. The interior of the rooms is very...white... and looking too comfortable. It's even so cozy.

Can I afford this?

I don't know.

But I've already handed all my savings to her. So, I guess she will make it do.

If not, we'll figure it out...

But for now, aside from the heaviness in my chest, there's something bothering in my arm.

An IV is stuck in my forearm, making me involuntarily squirm on the sight of it.

"Anna, you're awake," Hillary urgently walks inside the room.

"Yeah..." My voice is a bit rough and hoarse.

"Here, drink a bit of water," she says as she pours me a half a glass of water.