Chapter 27

A/n: Helloooo! Midterm exams are done and I'm feeling good and well now, so here's an update for all of you my beloved readers. I truly appreciate your increase in number, not really many but good enough for me. But I still need your support through voting. You can also spread the word and feel free to comment whatever's in your head. I would love I know what you're thinking about this story.

That's all for now. Enjoy a happy reading!

- Miss Elle

—————

Anna

Although I, myself, is having a hard time handling my drumming heartbeat and making it stable for the time being, I try my best to muster enough strength to ask again.

"Sir, can I get your order?" I gulp. I bet he can hear the loud beating of my heart. He's not staring at me which is a good thing. But he keeps on looking everywhere - as an escape. I put up an impassive face.

"Sir?" I call out to him.

"Huh?" huh? His head snaps back at me.

"Sir?" I ask again. He seems like he's getting a hard time to make the words come out of his mouth.

"Uh. Err, um..." what the - is that all he could say?

"Sir." My voice is becoming stern. What's happening to him? He's not usually this kind of person. He seems nervous and... uncomfortable? Why? Because of me?

And I'm not the only one who can notice.

"... what's that waitress doing?"

" seems like the hot guy is into her..."

"ump! You don't say!"

"... that's hilarious!"

"Totally impossible!"

Obviously, I can hear whatever they are blabbering about, no, scratch that. Actually, I can hear their insults and how they are making fun of me.

"I'm gonna skin her alive!"

"I'll make her pay for this!"

Now, that's a threat.

I keep my face impassive and surprisingly enough, the beating of my heart comes back to normal.

I turn back my attention to Luke who's now looking like his usual self. He can also hear whatever the girls are saying.

I'm not a damsel in distress and obviously don't need to be saved or what - this side of me still exists and considering all I've been through; this kind of stuff is just a small thing for me.

But for Luke, since we started having this kind of romantic involvement with each other, it's normal not to feel good about hearing other people shoot their insults to your girl.

Well, technically not her girl yet.

But we kissed already.

Well, that's what you called 'living in the 21st century.'

Luke fishes out his phone and lifts it up on his ear. Now, he got this fresh smile on his face. What's happening?

"Hello?" He's calling someone? The murmurs around me subside. All their ears are on Luke.

"You're on your way? Oh, yes, that's good! You're almost here?" who? Who might it be? His dad? Of course, it can't be Matt. Then who?

"Alright! No, no, no, take your time. I'll order when you arrive..." Is he actually talking to a person, for real? Or just bluffing talking to someone? I look at the counter area and Ella is standing there with her hopeful puppy face. I bet she also heard the girls talking. I give her a smile.