Chapter 52

A/n: Heyyyy! I'm back! And to answer the last question that I threw on the previous chapter, I love cheese flavored ice cream and any fruit-flavored ice cream, especially the avocado ice cream and mango ice cream. Chocolate ice cream and other chocolate-related ice creams are usually eaten and I don't really usually prefer them - but I don't hate them either. 

Anyways, for the next question, What is your craziest dream job that only a few people in your life knows about? 

You'll find out my personal answer in the next chapter! See you there!

Enjoy and happy reading!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

As I swallow the big chunk of cheesecake, I take the opportunity to also reach for my drink.

The last thing that I want to happen is for me to choke on my delightful cheesecake. It's going to be troublesome for all of us, I know.

The atmosphere between Luke and I is still blowing north. I can feel his intense gaze towards me.

He's waiting.

He's really waiting!

Then my phone vibrates inside my small pouch, which is currently resting on the left side of the table.

I almost spit out the iced choco from my mouth. Then my eyes meet Luke's.

Damn.

Matthew. He's calling!

There are still so many words left unspoken, they're reflecting clearly from the eyes of Luke.

Before our eyes become glassy, and before Matthew come and barge in, I insist to break the connection.

The phone is still buzzing.

He's still calling!

But before I can even think of a word to speak, Luke opens his mouth.

"That's your phone." It's not a question. It's not even a question. It's as if he's telling me to look at my phone. It's an imperative.

"Ah, yes. Haha. I forgot to silence it. It must be Cindy..." I'm smiling like an idiot now.

"Shouldn't you take a look at it?"

"Ah yes, haha. Do you mind?"

"No, it's okay."

"Excuse me, then..." I reach for my phone from the pouch but before I can even fish it out, the buzzing ended.

My hand freeze.

Matthew!

I calm myself down.

Inhale...

Hmmm...

Exhale...

Phooo...

Then I face Luke with a clearer smile now.

"It seems like I missed the call." I say.

"Try to call her back. Maybe it's important." He speaks with compassion. Cindy is obviously closer to Luke than Matthew. And I bet, up until now, she's still updating Luke of my whatabouts.

"No need. I'll just text her back." I speak calmly, but my fingers are doing the opposite. I type quickly.

'Matthew, what are you doing? Please behave yourself. I'm alright.'