Chapter 48

Anna

I never thought that holding someone else's hand could be this intimate and peaceful at the same time.

Matthew and I are now in the park which is famous for the man-made river. We're sitting down in the field of green grasses under the shade of a big tree, at the side of the river. The clouds are pink and blue like the cotton balls and the horizon is now colored in orange and crimson red. The sun is slowly setting down in front of us.

"I don't know what to do now, Matthew." I whisper to him, with my head lying down on his shoulder.

"Me either." He looks down at me and our eyes met each other. There's that blossoming feeling once again. He plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

"But I'm more worried about you, Anna." I can sense his fear for me. He sighs.

"If I didn't go out just like that and drag you with me, you can still live in peace without any troubles around you." He tucks the loose strands of my hair at the back of my ears.

"If you haven't done that, then we won't be here right now." I squeeze his hand and smile gently at him.

"You're right."

"Maybe we just have to face it ahead now."

"Can you handle it?" He asks with still the fear in his eyes. He's afraid for me. He's afraid to cause me some trouble.

"Me?" If I'm still with my old self and boring and timid Anna, I don't really think that I could handle it. Thank goodness, I'm renewed.

"To those who will come for me - I'm gonna come back to them like a wrecking ball." I laugh.

"I figured so. I will be with you, no matter what. So, don't you worry, okay?" He squeezes my hand and plants a quick and sweet kiss on my lips. I smile sheepishly as he pulls me closer to him with his strong arms around me. I feel so comforted with him beside me.

The sun has finally set down on the horizon and the sky is now painted in light blue to dark blue colors.

Then my phone buzzed once again.

"Cindy?" He asks right away. I look at the screen.

"Yes." I sigh.

"I think you need to talk to her."

"Yes, I know."

"Want me to go with you?" His offer to help is good. But I don't think Cindy would appreciate it right away.

"I think I can manage." I have to manage it first with myself and try to explain to her the current situation now with Luke and Matthew.

"Alright. Just give me a call, if anything else." I look up at him.

"Sure."

"Let's go now. I'll bring you back to the flat so you can settle everything with your best friend."

"Thank you, Matthew."

"Anything for you, Anna." He stands and helps me to get on my feet.

"Let's grab some drinks on our way." He says, while still holding my hand dearly.

That's a good idea. I need my energizing iced-cold chocolate drink to boost me up before facing my commander Cindy.

---

"Anna Sparks." She speaks my name in a monotonous way the moment I set my foot in her room. She left her door open, obviously waiting for me to come to her room right away I get back from me and Matthew's little rendezvous.