Chapter 11

Cindy

This is the day!

It's gonna be our first!

Oh, my gee! I can't hide my excitement.

In any minute now, someone's gonna knock on my door.

Knock. Knock.

There it is!

"Cindy! I'm here, come on. Let's go." oh my gee, oh my gee!

"I'm coming!" I shout as I run to the door. Oh wait, do I look okay? My skirt? Check. My blouse? Check. My shoes? Check. My hair? Check. But the most important is my face -

"Cindy!" oh! Right, I need to go now. I slowly turn the knob and open the door.

"There you are, I thought it will take years before you come out." she says, impatiently.

"Well, I don't want to let my best friend wait for that long!" I say.

"But you already did." she protests.

"Oh, come on, I can see you're too excited, huh." I tease.

"Let's go now Cindy." okay, we need to go now. I need to lock my door now and, okay, all set. Oh, wait!

"Do I look okay?" I ask, after finishing locking my door.

"Oh Cindy, do you really need to ask that?" She rolls her eyes at me!

"Of course, look at you, you're pretty and gorgeous in simple ways, but I have to make efforts to look as dazzling as you." I say, pouting at her. There you have it. Let's see what you'll say.

"Okay, you're brilliant. You look brilliant and I'm not as dazzling as you can see. Stop teasing me. So, let's go now." Ha-ha. See? She's so impatient. My hot-headed best friend.

"Okay, but you're really dazzling you know." I repeat and cling my right arm to her left arm as we make our way towards the roadside.

"Hey, I'm starting to think that you like me." she says, finally her humor came back. She's moody.

"Oh no, I don't just like you - I love you." I say in a rather dramatic and appealing manner.

"Oh my gosh, get away from me!" she flinches away from me and runs towards the near bus that just stops. Hahaha!

"My love, wait for me!" I shout, oh I just love to tease her. She's glaring at me.

"Oh, shut up! I don't know you!" she shouts back. And there are smiles and laughs coming from us.

Hey, she hops into the bus already! Oh my gee, I need to get in too now. Or else, I would be left out. Oh, Annie! You're a bully!

---

"So, where do we start?" Anna nervously asks. Yes, she's nervous as a cat right now.

"Hey, calm down, will you? We're just in a mall, I mean a MALL, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, right?" I tell her. She's looking so uncomfortable because it's actually, yes, and definitely her first time in a mall. Believe me or not. I'm telling the truth.

"Cindy, I know this is a MALL. Don't treat me like an ignorant little child. I've always seen this place on television and got some knowledge, so I know where I am right now." Okay? She's sounding guilty you know.

"Hey, okay, so, I think you made your point clear. We can start by window shopping." I say, at least I let her pass. I don't want to ruin this day you know.