Chapter 36

A/N: As promised! Here is the next chapter right awayyy...

Happy reading!

~ Miss Elle

________

Cindy

Oh freaking gosh!

I wasn't able to attend today's classes! 

Luke and I are on a run.

Annie's been missing since yesterday!

I mean, since last night! She was not able to do what she said to me before we part ways yesterday... But anyway, it doesn't matter anymore! What matters now is that we must find her.

"Still no contacts?" Luke asks, he's driving the car all over the town and even to the place where  Annie and I used to visit before.

"No. She's still out of coverage area." We can't reach her for some reason. It's either her cellphone is off or it's either there's no signal on the place where she could be right now.

"Damn Matt!" he hisses as we drive through the night streets of the shop where Anna and I were working. He's honking the car in exasperation.

"If he's really the one behind this, I swear —"

"Hey, just cool down, I'll try to call her again." And I do try again. But then, it's still the same. My phone is already heating up due to tons of trying to call Annie.

"No?" he asks, again, for the nth time.

"Still no answer..."

"Damn!" I look outside the window. I don't think Anna would be here or she would say something to Mrs. Engel for her sudden disappearance.

But we need more options to continue searching for her.

"Cy, I know it's Matt." He's on it again. He told me last night, yes, last night. He went to our place right after he knew that Annie wasn't able to go home right on time and made me waited for 2 hours. He saw me crying on the front gate of the building, waiting for Annie. Luke said to me that Matthew has been missing for already a week since, err, well, the episode that happened at the parking lot of the school.

At first, I was like - oh my gee!

And actually, until now.

But I don't think that Matthew could do that to Annie or harm her in any way possible. I just don't feel like he could do that...

"Matt has been causing a lot of trouble to us for an entire week already. I didn't even had time for Anna because I have been helping dad in searching for him. Mom is another thing, she's getting crazy..." Well, in that manner, I believe for the trouble he could cause.

But where is he right now? I'm just hoping that he's doing just fine and not with any harm. But! Yes, there's another but.

But if Luke is right, I'm gonna be the first one to kick his butt off. No one can harm my dear Annie!

"Alright, Luke, I'll head inside. Just stay here. Maybe I can order some food for us. It's already evening, after all. What do you want?" I speak quickly.

I'm getting anxious you know. We've been on the road for hours since last night! And we didn't have a good rest since then until now. Only the food can fuel us up.

"Thank you, Cy. A sandwich would be fine." he says. See? He also knows that food is vital.

"Alright, I'll be back." I hop out of the car.