Chapter 67

Anna

Sigh.

An entire week had already passed, and Matthew is still not going back.

It seems like their game has been rescheduled and they need to complete the two-week practice and preparation - of which I don't really get.

Are they going to a National competition or what?

"Oh, don't be so pissed," Cindy teases.

"I'm not pissed," I say.

"No-uh, not me, Annie," she gestures to my face, "it's written all over your face," she points out.

"Whatever," I rolled back my eyes at her.

"Well, basketball is like that. They gotta train that much even if the game is not that much." She's even adding coal to the fire.

"Why in the world that their game is rescheduled? Who's school is at fault?" I can't help but to rant at Cindy.

"Oh, come on, Annie. Just bear with it," she moves closer to me and put her around my shoulder.

"Aren't you glad you're with me now?" Right. Cindy's right.

"When you're being like this, I might think that I don't matter to you anymore," she pouts and looks at me with her puppy eyes.

My mood suddenly changes.

How come I can forget about my dearest friend?

Of course, I can't!

"I missed you so much!" I throw myself at her and cage her with my arms.

"Aww...me too, me too," she says as she pats my head.

"But I'm actually mad!" I hiss at her.

"Oh, I know, I know."

"Hmp! You better make peace with me!" I'm being a bratty kid with Cindy now.

"Right, right. I will," she says while trying to suppress her laughter.

I let her go and look at her, putting a serious face.

"What's wrong?" she asks. With my sudden change of expression, Cindy looks alarmed all of a sudden.

Although I fully trust her, I still need to know one thing. Fixing my eyes on her, I place my hands on her shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I..." she blinks at me.

"Cindy..." She's taken aback with my abrupt question.

Then there it is.

One tear, then two.

And it finally flows.

"Uwaaaa..." she's finally breaking down. I pull her closer towards me.

"Don't worry, you have all of me for today," I say, gently patting her back.

"Annieee...uwaaaa...huhuhu..."

She's had it tough.

Being born into a rich family is not a joke.

Everyone thinks that it's an easy pass to get everything you could ever want.

But it's not always like that.

As for my best friend, she's caught up with her family's affairs and she can't do anything about it.

I mean, she tried. She really tried.