Chapter 38

A/n: With no further ado, I've been writing long notes before, so now, just a reminder, guys, please VOTE, COMMENT and SPREAD THE WORD. Again, I am in need of your support. So, please, be with me along this journey. Thank you!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

We're on our way back to the city.

Matthew and I have been silence along the ride.

Well, not really silent, pop music is playing on the background and sometimes sing the song.

And before I could even forget about my phone, which has been off the signal for the past few days, that's why I decided to put it on airplane mode. I fetch it out of my bag and turn off the airplane mode.

Oh, by the way,

"Matthew, can you please just drop me off to the restaurant?" I need to apologize to Mrs. Engel for not being able to go to work yesterday. And since it's already afternoon, might as well spent it working there than attending school in such a late time. Or maybe I can just rest at the flat after.

"At the restaurant?" he glances at me.

"Yes."

"Weren't you tired or something?"

"No, I'm good. The food helped." I smile at him to assure him.

Actually, I feel refreshed. Two nights in nature was such an awesome feeling. I almost felt like my condition was gone. Almost.

The escapade was a little tiring in a few ways. More of my emotions. Not really the physical aspect.

But then there's always good food to energize me.

So I think, I'm good. Better I must say.

"How about your best friend and —"

"Woah!" my cellphone is crazily buzzing.

"Speaking of my best friend." she's now calling. I wonder how many times she tried to call me for the past two days.

"Hello —"

("ANNIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!") Ladies and gents, that's the longest greeting I've ever received on the phone.

"Oh, hi there. How have you been doing —"

("DAMN YOU!!!") Woah. She never uses that word to me before? Has she?

"Um, hey, I'm coming back —"

("YOU FREAKING GIRL!!") She's angry. Now I get it.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't able to tell —"

("WHERE ARE YOU NOW?! I am so freaking worried at you!") Worried and angry, correction.

"I'm coming back. I'll be heading straight to the restaurant -"

("Why there? Why not on our flat, huh?!")

"Hey, you know, I must speak first to Mrs. Engel —"

("THEY CAN WAIT! Get home first! Do you hear me, Anna?

GET. HOME. FIRST.") No, scratch the angry. She's furious.

But I must really speak first to Mrs. Engel.

"I'm sorry, Cindy. I should really speak to Mrs. Engel —"

("Alright! I'll be going with you!")