Chapter 58

A/n: Hi! I'm back again for another update! But to answer the last question: Winter or Summer? I can't choose between the two! I don't like the weather too hot and I don't like it too cold... However, summer is the brightest of them all, so I might have to choose summer instead of winter!
And for the next question: Milk tea or coffee? An old acquaintance of mine asked me this question. What do you think is my answer? You'll find out in the next chapter! But let me know what's yours in the comment section below!

Till then!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

Saying goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Engel was really hard. They are like my old aunt and uncle that I never had. They made me promise that I should visit the restaurant now and then whenever I have free time.

But unfortunately, my time is already running out and I don't think I can still afford to visit them.

Aside from that, I'm not great at goodbyes.

I don't want to go through the same process again if I'll show up at the restaurant.

The entire crew even said the goodbyes to me. The old couple made me do that even though I don't want to trouble the crew.

And guess what.

Ella cried.

So more likely, she'll also end up on my doorstep one of these days, if and only if, I'll still be here by that time.

But now, guess where I am?

"Annie! Look! What do you think?"

"They both look great on you, Cindy."

"Ssh! Just choose one! Which one is better?"

"The red one!" I hiss at her.

Cindy and I have been hanging out lately every after school hours before going home.

It seems like I'm filling up the time that I've been away and distant from her due to different circumstances that happened.

"You really think the red one is better?" she comes out from the fitting room wearing the red dress that I just choose. Although both the red dress and the blue dress suit her well. Anyway...

"You look that best!"

"Really?" she twirls around, letting me have a 360-degree view of the red dress.

"Yes! Absolutely!" I answer, making my tone more convincing.

"You know that I'll be wearing this dress for my birthday, right?" she moves closer to me, with her penetrating eyes, as if trying to see through me and figure out whether I forgot her birthday or not.

But truth be told, I forgot.

"Annie, tell me..." narrowing her eyes and with her pouting lips, she moves a little closer towards me.

"Have you..."

Oh no, I need to make it quick -

"Of course! Haha! Of course, I know! Why would I forget it?" I touch her on her shoulders and do a little squeeze.

"You're like, my only best friend in the entire universe! Why would I even forget?" I'm so bad. I hate myself.

"Oh, Annie!" Cindy jumps at me and gives me a big hug.

I'm so guilty right now.

How could I forget about her birthday?!

I'm so sorry, I really am.