Chapter 17

A/n: Hello guys, my dear few readers. Since I was already finished with some of the chapters, I would update more from now on. I wanted to suddenly complete this story before I go on to the next. In that way, I don't have to jump off from one story to another, making me ended up doing nothing at all. And that's what I'm trying to prevent. Also, guys, I'm in need of your help and support. I don't want to lose motivation or inspiration. Please continue to read my story, vote and spread the word. Thank you all! For now, here's a new chapter update. Enjoy!

~ Miss Elle

________

Anna

"Hang in there!"

Someone has saved me from getting my head hit the ground.

I can see, I'm inside a car...

My head is getting clearer, my heart,

It's still hurting, but somehow, I can breathe now, but, it's still harsh...

I still feel weak.

"Oh Anna, what's happening to you?!" panic, worry, and fear are all I can sense to his voice. But his voice...

His voice is different.

"I'm going to bring you to a nearby hospital now, just - just hang in there, okay?" oh no... No no no.

"We're almost there." No, I should stop him. I raise my hand and try so hard to reach his shoulder, it's so bumpy cause we're so fast. He's driving so fast. I'm still feeling dizzy...

"N-no..." I say, finally reaching to his shoulder.

"Anna, what are you doing?!" He's still...not stopping. He has to stop now!

"Please, no!" when he steps on the break, I almost fly from my seat.

"Oh sh**! Sh**, sh**! I'm so sorry!" he's now looking at me. I see... It's him.

Not him.

It's Matthew.

Though I would like if it's Luke who caught me by his arms, I can't afford to let him see me this way. I just can't.

"Anna, what is it?" his face is conflicted.

"Don't, don't bring me i-in the hospital..." I say, trying hard to make the words come out of my mouth.

"Why? Why is that I can't bring you there? I should really bring you there." he's now calm. Thank you...

"You just can't..." I say. Then horns are now beeping for us. He notices it and he slowly drives his car, putting it on the vacant roadside. The pain is not that much now. I can breathe now, with more ease. But still weak.

"Anna, there's something off about you." he says, so, he knows my name now. Maybe because of Luke a while ago. Luke.

"You need to tell me —" he was cut off by the buzz of his phone. He looks at it and quickly turns it off. What now. What is it? I might be a disturbance to him, I need to get off now.

"I think I should go now... Just drop me on that side, I can take a cab from there —"

"No!" hey, why is he shouting at me now?

"I can pass from school today, actually I don't have classes this day. That's why I can accompany you." Oh? Is that so? Well, he's not in a uniform actually, so I guess he's not lying. But still! It's a no.

"No, I'm good now, I can go on by myself now. Please open the door." I say, finally straightening from my seat and grab the car door. Still locked.