Chapter 15

Anna

Oh gosh.

It was insane!

How the heck he was able to remember my name while I on the other side remains clueless as to who he is. 

But the worst part is,

Why am I getting this feeling when he says my name? There's something...

"We're almost there." the driver says. It takes 30 minutes to reach this village and now, let me get the pass.

"Okay, I got you." I hand him the pass as we're about to enter the gate.

This village looks really private huh.

"Here you go Ma'am." he gives back the pass to me after we have entered the gate.

"Oh..." just so wow. The houses...their all giants. Giants and jewels. Sparkling and intimidating. Oh wow...

"You're really rich." I whisper though I don't know if he can hear me. Well, I don't intend to let him know that I was quite amazed.

"Mister, is that your house?" the driver asks, pointing out to the house in front of us. It's not simply a house. It's a massive house. A mansion.

"Hey, we're here already." I say, shaking him again.

"Hmm..." he grunts, still doze from the booze.

"You can walk now, right? You've been sleeping the whole time. Let's go now." I say, more like a command. I give the credit card to the driver so he can swipe it for us to be paid. Then he gives it back to me.

"Come here, hang on my shoulder." I say while I am outside the car, waiting for him to get out on his own.

"Wait —" Oh gosh.

"Hey! This is terrible..." I let go quickly. Do you know what happened? I was just off balanced by his sudden hold in my arms and we fall right to the green grasses. The worst? I was under him for a moment. He's still dozing, and so I pushed him off of me immediately. He grunts in my sudden exertion of force.

"I'm so sorry." Wait, I don't have to say sorry at all. It's his fault.

---

Okay, we're now on the front door. I need to ring the bell. And so I did.

Shortly, the door opens.

"My son, have you forgotten —" the woman. His mother. But, there's something off.

"Caleb... Caleb! Caleb!" she shouts. Horror and panic are found in her eyes and expression.

"What is it —" a man? His father perhaps?

"Luke!" his father immediately run towards him and get him off my shoulder. Then he gets him inside the house.

"You..." she says, brows furrowed. Did I do something?

"It's good to see you again, Ma'am." I say, bowing a little as I greet her with a smile.

"What's your relationship with him?" huh?

"Oh, there's nothing like that. I just- I just happened to saw him at the coffee shop and help him to go home. That's all Ma'am." I say. Trying hard not to stutter at all. Looks like she's one of those strict parents huh.

"Is that the truth?" she further asks.

"Yes Ma'am." I answer.

"Well, you can go back now if you don't have anything more —"