2 ↠ Don't try too hard until you get yourself hurt in the process.

Camila's P.O.V

So remember when I said figuring Y/N out was gonna take longer than the usual? Oh boy, I wasn't kidding, because I've been spending a lot of my time before lunch thinking about Y/N and her mysterious ways.

But here I am, sitting by myself in the cafeteria during lunch time, waiting for my so called friends. I couldn't really spend the whole day just thinking about Y/N now can I? However, being the daydreamer that I am, my current thoughts completely contradicts that.

On a serious note though, how exactly am I gonna figure this girl out if I barely talked to her or see her? And no, walking straight up to her won't solve the case considering she's been gone since Ms. Rowell's class. Plus like I said, she's a popular girl, I wouldn't be surprised if I had to arrange an appointment just to have a solid conversation with her.

I was honestly tired out of my mind and the fact that I had set myself up for this challenge just today, made me internally groan and it was exhausting. So I buried my face in my arms, leaning against the top of the lunch table and tried my best to take a breather before all hell breaks loose once I tell the girls my plan, just so that they could lend in a helping hand.

"Who the hell died and made you such a sad case?" I heard Dinah joked while she took a seat next to me. I lifted my head up and glared at her, instinctively making her put her hands up in defense before quickly adding,  "Damn, it was a joke," She huffed out before I buried my face in my arms once again and she added, "Seriously though, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me." I mumbled in my arms, refusing to lift my head up.

I can hear Dinah scoff before unwrapping something, most probably her lunch before saying, "Whatever you say, Chancho."

For the next 10 minutes, things between Dinah and I were quiet but I could hear her tapping on her phone screen, probably to entertain herself while I'm slowly trying to regain my energy for the day.

Honestly, I don't know how I got so tired. Maybe it's because during Biology, instead of concentrating in class, I was trying to figure out who that older girl was and if she was a former student of the school because I swear, she looked so familiar; or maybe it was during Geometry when I was trying to stay awake during Mr. Lawrence's rambling about us not doing his class work. Hey, don't blame me for hating numbers mixed with alphabets. My 'relaxing' moment however, was cut short when I heard 2 different but familiar voices walking towards us.

"God damn, who died?" Normani asked teasingly, making me snap my head up and catching her red handed with her 'disgusted' look before she took a seat next to Dinah who was taking selfies. Lauren on the other hand, had her nose buried in Paper Towns by John Green after she took a seat next to me.

Dinah put her phone down momentarily and clapping her hands together in excitement before averting her attention to Normani and saying, "Girl, that's what I said!" She said excitedly, getting a high five from Normani before turning to me. "I told you that there's something wrong with you." Dinah said while pointing a stern finger at me before shoving her phone into her pocket.

"No but seriously, talk to us," Normani pushed which made me give her a head shake as a response, refusing to say anything. "Why?" Normani whined childishly.

Lauren sighed heavily, making me turn to her as she closed her book and locking eyes with me before saying, "I stopped reading because of you; now speak." Lauren said sternly.

I rolled my eyes as I shrugged before saying, "I don't know what you want me to say, Lauren." I breathed out. Seriously, what did they really expect me to say? 'Hey, I'm trying to find everything out about Y/N, wanna help me out?'