21 ↠ It's you and me against the world.

A/N Song of the chapter is 'Happiness' by The Fray. Play it on repeat on Spotify, YouTube or Apple Music. Enjoy!

Rayyan was ecstatic.

As soon as he heard his daughter's heart rate going back up, he couldn't believe his ears and literally cried tears of joy.

Even after breaking the news to everyone and telling them that Y/N did get shot but she made it, Rayyan thanked the Lord for something so miraculous.

Currently, Y/N was warded and even though she's not in the ICU ward, Rayyan, Sinu and Clara said that they needed to keep an eye on her because technically, she did die on them on the operation table for a few minutes.

Everyone cried tears of joy as soon as they heard that Y/N was gonna make it, especially Emilia, Shawn, Ally and Camila. While Emilia, Shawn and Ally hugged each other in joy, Camila just sat down with the biggest smile on her face as tears of joy slid down her cheeks.

The team captain hasn't woken up yet and Rayyan estimates that his daughter will wake up in a couple of hours so he made everyone go home so that they could shower or even rest. Even Trent had to be brought down to the police station; he did rob a hospital after all but Rayyan promised the man that he'll try everything he can so he'll be let go with a probation instead of a sentence.

As everyone made their way home, Rayyan realized that in exception of Emilia, everyone had went home....except one.

"Camila?" Rayyan asked softly, his voice soft as the young Latina looked up to him with a small smile before he continued saying, "Sweet heart, why didn't you go home? Y/N won't wake up until later."

Camila shook her head as she replied, "I'd rather be here when she wakes up," Camila said softly but sternly as she continued saying, "I don't want her to feel lonely if she wakes up sooner than expected."

"Your mom, Clara and I are doing the best we can but for the time being, you should go home and get some rest," Rayyan said with a small smile before he added, "Y/N would kill me if she found out I'd let you stay here without any food in your stomach." He chuckled out.

Camila chuckled softly before saying, "Can I at least see her?" Camila asked carefully and slowly.

Rayyan was a bit hesitant at first. He didn't know whether it was a good idea to let Camila see Y/N in such a different state. Even though she was breathing on her own, the team captain was still wired to machines and even Rayyan needed time to get used to the sight.

"Are you sure?"

Camila sighed heavily at his question, knowing very well why the older man had question her that. Honestly, Camila didn't know if she was ready herself but she wanted to see Y/N; she needed to see Y/N.

Camila nodded as a response, making Rayyan give her a sad smile as he complied to her request. It was a silent walk to Y/N's ward, neither of them not knowing what to say. Rayyan was worried that Camila wouldn't be able to handle an unconscious Y/N while the younger Latina was worried about a completely different thing. She was worried that Y/N wouldn't wake up at all. She was prepared to see Y/N attached with wires but she wasn't prepared if Y/N was to never wake up again.

As Rayyan stops in front of a particular ward, the man turned around and gave Camila a sad smile before he asked, "Do you need me in there?" He asked softly but sadly. Camila's eyes starts to get glossy as she shook her head before Rayyan nodded in acknowledgement as he said, "Okay, I'll give you two some privacy then." Rayyan said while rubbing Camila's arms in comfort before walking away.