23 ↠ What the hell was that about?

A week after the tragic incident in the hospital, everyone slowly got back to what they were doing before. Rayyan was still trying to figure out how to help Trent, much to his father's disapproval but the man did save his daughter's life; the only way he could repay him back was to get Trent back to his own daughter.

Y/N came back to school and was welcomed by the entire school while she and Camila became inseparable. Today marks the day that they've started talking to each other for 3 weeks and even though it doesn't make a big significance in the relationship, Camila can't believe she's in a relationship with her crush for 3 weeks already.

However, Y/N's been hiding something from Camila and it irritates her in a way. It first started when Y/N got discharged from the hospital and instead of hanging out with Camila, the team captain made an excuse and said she was gonna hang out with Shawn and Ally.

Now, Camila understood that she probably just wanted to spend time with her best friends so she didn't make it a big deal at first but now, Y/N would whisper something to Dinah, Normani or Lauren and it gets to the Latina.

Currently though, Camila was watching Y/N from afar as the team captain was talking to her basketball team mates, trying to figure out what could the taller girl be hiding from her.

Dinah, who was next to the shorter girl, noticed this and snorted at the sight of it before saying,
"Are we back to the staring days again?" Dinah teased but Camila didn't break her eye contact as she added, "I thought the whole point of dating her was to be able to see her up close and not stare at her the whole day?"

"Y/N's been hiding something from me and I don't know what it is," Camila said with furrowed brows. As Camila said that, Dinah's whole body tensed up because she knew; she knew what Y/N was planning and she was scared that Camila might find out before the surprise as she added, "I know it isn't anything bad but I hate surprises if it involves me not knowing."

Dinah chuckled nervously, grateful with the fact that Camila didn't notice her peculiar behavior as she said, "Maybe she's trying to surprise you with her costume for the bazaar?" Dinah said, trying her best to convince the shorter girl.

This peaked Camila's interest which inevitably made her turn her head around as she said, out of the blue, "You know something," Camila said with narrowed eyes, her voice intimidating and low, making Dinah gulp in nervousness as she added, "What do you know?"

Dinah backed away slowly and avoided Camila's eye contact as she finally locked eyes with Y/N, who was watching their interaction the whole time, silently asking for the team captain's help as she said, "What are you talking about?" Dinah chuckled out nervously, cursing her damn nerves because that was the reason why Camila was suspicious of her.

"What are you not telling me, CheeChee?" Camila asked slowly while her eyes still narrowed at the taller girl as she cornered Dinah.

"Uh, I uh," Dinah stuttered before she widened her eyes at a random spot, feigning surprise as she yelled out, "Woah, it's Eminem in a M&M costume!"

Camila knew Dinah was fooling around but by instinct, she turned her head around and gave Dinah the chance to run away. Camila realized what just happened and just groaned in frustration as Y/N walked over to the Latina, an amused smile formed on her lips as she asked,
"You okay there, sailor?" Y/N asked teasingly.

Camila could help but pout at the team captain as she whined out, "Dinah just bailed on me when I was interrogating her."

Y/N found Camila's pout so adorable that it took everything in her to not kiss it away as she laughed lightly and said, "What were you interrogating her about?"