18 ↠ Hospital Catastrophe Part I.

A/N Chapters that does not state anyone's POV means that the chapter is written in a third person perspective. I also recommend you playing the song through out the chapter. Repeat it whenever it ends. Enjoy chapter 18 part I! ❤️

6:09PM.

Fear. That's what Y/N felt. She was going through a million of emotions at the same time and she was surprised at how she's still breathing at this point but as long as she knew Camila was safe, she was more than willing to be held hostage.

Currently, the team captain was sitting at a chair awkwardly while the man who had a gun in his hand was sitting on the floor, his head buried in his knees as his back was against the wall.

"What the fuck are you gonna do now, Trent? You can't let Kelly down." The man mumbled to himself but wasn't aware that it was clearly audible to Y/N as well considering they were the only ones left there. He lifted his head and locked eyes with Y/N who gulped in nervousness as he asked, "You don't look like an idiot," He said vaguely, making the tall girl furrow her eyebrows in confusion as he added, "So why the fuck would you risk your life for strangers?"

Y/N glanced at her hands before locking with the older man again as she said, "The same reason why you're doing this." She said softly, refusing to break eye contact with the man.

The man looked at Y/N angrily before standing up and stomping his way towards her, flaunting his gun in front of her and making her eyes go wide as he spat, "You don't know a single fucking thing about me!"

Y/N clenched her jaw before retorting, "But you're doing this because of someone you love, right?" Y/N said, earning an unreadable expression from the older man as she continued, "I did what I did because one of the most important person in my life was here with me and I sure as hell wasn't gonna let her stay here." Y/N spat, her voice low but her body was trembling as the nerves finally got the best of her.

The man looked at her with furrowed brows. He knew she was right because if his daughter was there with him in a similar situation, he would do the same thing. He was doing this because of her right now, actually; because of his 3 year old daughter.

He didn't want to do this but it was his last resort and his daughter needed the EpiPen; he didn't have a choice as he was already working 3 different jobs.

"You still don't know a fucking single thing about me, kid." He spat, refusing to show any signs of weakness to the girl.

Y/N sighed softly before glancing at the floor as she said, "You're right; I don't know anything about you," Y/N said matter of factly before she added, "But I do know that you at least have a heart if you're doing this for someone you care about."

The man, whose name was Trent, scoffed bitterly before retorting, "And how do you know I'm doing this for someone? How can you be so sure I'm not some kind of junkie?"

"Because a junkie would not ask for EpiPens; a junkie would ask for something as strong as cocaine or heroine," The team captain pointed out, making Trent a bit frustrated before she added, "And earlier just now, you said the name Kelly; I'm guessing you're doing it for her."

Trent clenched his jaw and kept his gun pointed at the girl as he said, "I wouldn't be doing this if they didn't increase the price of those damn EpiPens!" He yelled out, his voice cracking in the end before he added, "Kelly's only 3 and she's been there for me ever since her mother left us!" He revealed, his eyes glossy as Y/N's eyes was glossy as well before he added, "I work 3 jobs a week and it's still not enough to get a pack of EpiPens!"