6 ↠ I'm here and I'll be your friend.

A/N Song is Echo by Jason Walker. Play the song when the part comes! :) Enjoy! And can I add something? Happy birthday to Lauren, my favorite green-eyed lady :) 💖

Camila's P.O.V

I fucking can't.

It's been 4 fucking days since I've bumped into her and you'd think after that long, you'd expect me to stop figuring her out but I just can't. It doesn't help the fact that she's been hanging out with me more often in school too. Of course I love it but you know, I can't really stop it when she's sitting right in front of me sometimes and act adorable right?

Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking; maybe she didn't really say that she's like Margo but seeing the look in her eyes that day, she definitely relates to the fictional character. I mean, what if Y/N's trying to say she wants to escape her problems but doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to be lost and stranded? But then again, what if she really doesn't want to be found and helped? See, this is my problem! I always assume things! However, some assumptions are just to help your heart break a little less in the future.

"...Mila!" Normani yelled out, bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at 2 of my friends in front of me who had confused looks plastered on their faces.

"You okay there, Chancho?" Dinah asked confusingly but worriedly at the same time as she was eating her lunch. If you're wondering what happened with Lauren, Dinah and I, let's just say that I had my bananas taken away from me for 2 days straight as a punishment.

I just sighed heavily before shaking my head lightly and saying, "No, not really," I said softly and earning raised eyebrows from both of them, silently urging me to continue which I did, "I bumped into Y/N last Sunday-"

"You bumped into Y/N?!" Both Normani and Dinah exclaimed in unison.

I was about to answer them but another voice interrupted me first saying, "Good God, why do you both always shout whenever you guys are together?" Lauren groaned as she took a seat next to me with her lunch tray.

Normani stood up a bit before pointing a finger at me, making me widen my eyes as she said, "She bumped into Y/N the day after the party!" She whisper-yelled.

Lauren snapped her head to look at me with her jaw dropped before she asked, "Is that the reason why you ran out on me and Dinah??"

"Nope," I simply replied before quickly adding, "It was to literally get pink paper plates and plastic cups for Sofi's birthday party, which you guys are all invited to by the way; she just happened to be on break from her work and was using the same route as me."

I glanced at the 3 girls and saw that they all had furrowed eyebrows, probably confused when I said the word 'work'. "She works?" Dinah asked with raised eyebrows. I just nodded as a response before she continued asking, "Where?"

Normani snorted before teasing, "Wouldn't you like to know?" She laughed.

Dinah playfully glared at Normani before twaving her off and saying, "Excuse you, I am the captain of this damn ship,"She said confidently before adding, "With me as a captain, the Y/SN ship will sail! Plus, Y/N's been hanging out with Mila a lot these past few days too." Dinah teased with a wink.

I was still frowning as the memories of Sunday's event refused to leave my mind before I said, "Don't get your hopes up, Cheechee."