26 ↠ Who the hell goes camping anymore?

It's been 2 weeks since Halloween night and 2 weeks into the chilly month of November.

Students were now wearing coats and hoodies as the temperature continued to drop and the sounds of Christmas songs started to play around town even though it was more than a month away till Christmas.

With tryouts starting at the end of the month, Y/N and Shawn had been busy recruiting for their team even though they had more than enough time in their hands. However the case, the pair knew it'd be better for the both of them to start early so they can avoid the stress of not being able to find any new recruits later on.

With that being said, it also means that the team captain had been spending less time with Camila as she either would be around the school, recruiting or in the coach's office, discussing future games in December.

Nonetheless, Camila kept it calm because she knew that the taller girl has responsibilities to abide and with today being Friday, she was finally gonna have her time with the team captain... and her family.

Last week, Sinu and Alejandro had surprisingly invited Rayyan, Emilia, Y/N, Meredith and Lucas over to their house for a weekend sleepover after realizing that they haven't had an official dinner together since the team captain and Camila started dating. Thinking that it was a fantastic idea, Sinu decided to do a sleepover too.

Of course, Camila was nervous at first because she didn't want her family to embarrass her in front of the girl she loved but she was also nervous with the fact that she'd be sleeping with Y/N under the same roof.

Camila was in no way against that but considering the couple hadn't had their official first date yet, Camila was more than skittish to be in the same bed as the team captain.

Right now though, Camila was in the library with Troye, Dinah, Lauren and Normani during their last period, which happens to be a free period as they wanted to stay warm considering the library was the only place that had a working heater.

"I'm surprised your parents are cool with having Y/N sleeping over even after knowing that you guys are dating." Normani pointed out as she looked at Camila with raised brows.

The others looked at Camila expectedly as she shrugged and said, "I'm surprised myself but hey, her whole family's coming too so maybe that's why they aren't that bothered."

"Is Y/N cool with it?" Lauren asked.

Before Camila could even say anything, Dinah chimed in and said, "Of course she's cool with it," Dinah chuckled out before quickly adding, "When is Y/N not cool with anything that involves Camila? That girl is beyond whipped." The Polynesian teased, prompting laughter from the group in exception of Camila who was playfully glaring at the taller girl.

"To answer your question myself, Lauren, yes Y/N's cool with it," Camila deadpanned while giving Dinah a sarcastic smile who was just laughing at Camila's attitude before she added, "But I think she and I are just nervous because we haven't had our first date yet and whoop, here we are, sleeping over together with our family."

Normani snorted at Camila's somewhat sarcastic statement as she said, "It's not like you guys are planning to have sex at that sleepover, Mila," Normani teased, earning a playful eye roll from the shorter girl before she added, "Just treat it as if it's like a weekend getaway with the future in-laws." Normani joked with a wink.

"Who would've thought Camz would already be on a 'mini honeymoon' with her in laws at this young of an age?" Lauren teased, making the group laugh as Camila gave the green eyed girl a playful glare.