8 ↠ Yes.

Camila's P.O.V

I swear Shawn, Troye and the girls are a lethal combination.

It's the day of Sofi's birthday party and they've created a group chat (since last week), telling me what to wear and stuff. After Y/N left to see Ms. Rowell, the group told me in detail on what's gonna happen today and that I just have to be my 'stupid and idiotic' self because Y/N loves me for me.

As if I didn't have enough pressure as it is with Y/N coming over to my house with her siblings and also with her meeting my family. Can someone put me in a coma and when I wake up, me and Y/N are happily married with 2 kids and living in a house with picket fences along with a gorgeous garden? Thanks.

I was currently sitting comfortably on my couch while watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and I know I should've been helping my mother who was cooking for Sofi's birthday at the moment but I was too frustrated at Derek for not telling Meredith about Addison. Like dude, how can you not tell the girl you're having sex with, that you have a fucking wife in New York?

"Karla! Come to the kitchen for a moment, I need to ask you something." My mother yelled out from the kitchen, making me pause the show before I stood up and made my way to see my mother.

I swung the kitchen door open, only to be met by the older Latina who was stirring the ladle in the big-ass pot, "Si, mama?" I asked her, leaning against the counter next to her.

"How many of your friends did you invite?"

I shrugged before breathing out, "6, I think," I said while my mother nodded as a response, "Why?"

My mother turned her head to look at me before giving me a smile and saying, "Just making sure we have enough food for everyone." She said before turning her attention back to the delicious beef stew she was making. I can't wait to have that in my tummy.

I just gave her a smile and a nod before I said, "Guess what?" I asked with an idiotic grin as the thought of Y/N coming to the birthday party crossed my mind.

My mother turned to look at me once again, an amused smile formed on her lips before she asked, "What? You finally found the banana bed you've been dreaming about?" She teased while chuckling, making me playfully glare at her as a response.

"Ha-ha, very funny mother," I sarcastically said, making my mother laugh lightly before I added, "Actually," I dragged out, making my mother raise her eyebrows in curiosity before I happily revealed, "I invited Y/N to the party." I revealed with an idiotic grin formed on my lips.

My mother's eyes widen in surprise as her eyebrows were still raised before she asked, "Dinah finally made you do it?" She asked.

I immediately knitted my eyebrows in confusion before asking, "What do you mean 'Dinah finally made me do it'?" I asked while my mother's lip formed a small smirk which made me whine, "Mom!"

My mother just laughed before she stopped stirring the pot, putting the ladle aside and leaning against the counter opposite of me saying, "She may have told me about your 'one on one moment' with little miss basketball captain last week," My mother said with a smug grin, making me palm my face before she added, "At least this whole 'figuring' thing out for you is going well, right?" I just gave her a tight smile and a nod as I crossed my arms loosely which made her form her a slight frown before saying, "Or am I completely wrong here?"

I took a deep breath and released a shaky one before saying, "Everything's great if it comes to the topic of figuring her out and I feel like even though it's baby steps, it's something, you know?"