32 ↠ Not all heroes have happy endings.

[Play the song above when indicated. Enjoy! xx]

Y/N's P.O.V

Within seconds of the phone call, I immediately ran back to base camp with Camila following suit as she held my hand the entire time.

This time, I couldn't spare any more time. Clearly, the caller being Pete, I've just had enough of his games. The thought of him hurting Ally angered me in so many ways possible.

I felt a slight tug on my hand, most definitely being Camila but then again, I had no spare time to stop and discuss. This was Ally's life on the line.

"Y/N, what the fuck is going on?!" Camila asked worriedly as I dragged her back to camp before she quickly added, "What happened to Ally?!"

My mind was everywhere and I couldn't think to give her an answer. Instead, I responded with silence as we continued making our way to the base. I could still hear Camila asking me questions but my head was in an overdrive and I knew if I wasted time, the end result wouldn't be in my favor.

By the time we've reached the base camp, my obvious behavior and Camila's panic state made a statement to everyone there. At this point, I had let go Camila's hand and quickly pack up any of my belongings as my father made his way to me with a worried look before asking, "Y/N? What's going on? Why are you packing up?"

I gave him a quick glance before hurriedly replying, "I have to go back to the city." I said simply, not caring if I sound vague or not. Ally; Ally's in danger.

The thought of Ally getting hurt because of me, pissed me off and every second I was away from her, my whole body ached. Suddenly, a hand was on my shoulder, making me jump slightly as my father looked at me worriedly and asked again, "What's going on with you?"

God, I wanted to tell him everything that was going on but I couldn't waste any more time so I just shook my head and finished packing my stuff before standing up and walking to the SUV.

I could hear all of them asking me questions but as of this moment, it all sounds like mumbling and nothing more. I was just a few steps from the SUV until a voice stopped me.

"You promised you wouldn't run away anymore!" Camila exasperated, her voice full of pain as I froze right before the SUV as she continued saying, "You promised you wouldn't run away from me and this is exactly what you're doing right now!" The shorter girl added as the slight crack in her voice was obvious to us all.

Tears started to threaten to leave my eyes as I couldn't bring myself to face her before I softly replied, "I'll come back to you; I'll make sure of that."

"Are you coming back with another gunshot wound?"

As she said that, the stinging in my heart just intensified as I remembered the moments where she suffered, everyone suffered, while I was induced at the hospital. At this point, I was hesitant enough but the thought of Ally, the girl who has been there for me since childhood, getting hurt at my cost just cannot happen.

I turned my head around slightly, connecting my eyes with brown ones as I sternly but softly replied, "If it means people stop suffering because of me then so be it."

Camila immediately shook her head in disagreement as she subconsciously took a few steps forward while saying, "You can't always be a hero, Y/N," Camila pleaded, tears streaming down her cheeks as she quickly added, "Not all heroes have happy endings."