31 ↠ Camping : First dates & sudden surprises.

A/N - oh my im sorry for not updating but here it is and i hope it makes up for lost times. Also, we're near the ending of the first book!!!!!! CAN U BELIEVE IT? No? well neither can i 🤷🏻‍♀️

with that being said, for the next few chapters.... im sorry and i hope u forgive me. i love u & play the song when indicated!!!!

Y/N's P.O.V

How do people plan first dates honestly?

Ugh, I thought tonight's 'sudden' first date would be romantic but after seeing posts online, I'm starting to think something else.

I mean, I'm doing the first date during the trip because the scenery is nice and we're away from all the commotion that we just happen to attract whenever we're back in town so I thought, why the hell not?

I asked Shawn to help me plan the date but the Canadian is as useless as they go because he's too busy flirting up his own boyfriend which I completely understand because like I said, this camping site has one of the most beautiful scenery I've ever laid my eyes on.

However the case, Shawn did manage to pull of some strings at the ice cream shop we went as a group earlier. I specifically told him to pay the shop owner if he agreed but apparently, the shop owner himself said he's content with serving young love for the night. Small towns, huh?

The ice cream shop was an ideal location really. It was right in front of the lake, along with some other shops but it was definitely the most prettiest as it looked vintage and very.... classic? It wasn't the same lake we went previously as I planned but when I found out there was a lake opposite of the ice cream shop, I couldn't resist myself.

I am currently at the back of Rayyan's SUV, sitting at the trunk by myself as Camila got ready with the help of the girls. Why aren't I getting ready? Well, because I'm not a fan of make up and getting ready unless it's necessary. Also, I wanted to enjoy the chill weather out and I couldn't do that by sitting down in a chair and getting my face 'contoured.'

Not doing anything and my legs swinging back and forth while I hummed to a random song, I heard footsteps approaching me which made me snap my head upwards.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love horror movies and enjoy watching them but being in one yourself is a completely different story.

The snapping sounds of the wood branches intensified and my heart was racing but I was frozen in place even when I told myself to fucking run. My breathing began to increase in pace and my eyes were scanning the dark woods but God help me because I screamed like a fucking pussy when I saw my father coming into sight with an amused grin on his face.

I gave him a hard glare and as much as I wanted to give him the middle finger, I just huffed and exclaimed, "Jesus Christ, dad! Couldn't you tell me it was you instead of making me nearly piss my pants??"

My father just chuckled before standing in front of me with his arms crossed before asking, "Well, what the hell are you doing in the woods when it's dark out?"

I rolled my eyes at him as I said, "I'm waiting for Camila to be done so we can go for our first date!" I explained, earning an amused grin from the tall man before I asked, "Now, what are you doing out here like a complete stalker?"

He sighed heavily before he sat down next to me while saying, "Your mother and I are having a disagreement," He said softly and reluctantly as I furrowed my brows in confusion before he added, "I'm sure you know how much I love your mother but she's just so cynical after Pete, that the mention of possible marriage scares her."