35 ↠ Good together.

[Play the song when indicated and I suggest for you to play another song that you think fits the chapter. Enjoy, lovelies x]

Camila's P.O.V

"Karla, the girls are here!"

Prom is tonight. The day a lot of us have been waiting for is tonight and the girls are here to get ready and would you believe me if I said it's only ten in the morning? Because it is.

Normani said that because prom starts at eight at night, we need to maximize the whole day but none of us would've thought she meant to start getting ready at ten in the morning!

But because I do want to surprise my team captain in all ways possible, I'll just go along this time.

"Okay ma, send them up!"

As soon as I said that, I can hear heavy steps coming up the steps and I was not surprised when my door was swung open and I was met with Lauren, Dinah, Normani and.... Troye?

I looked at the Australian boy with furrowed brows as I asked, "Troye?"

Troye chuckled at my reaction before he plopped on my bed on his back while saying, "Sweetie, you aren't the only one who's trying to surprise someone tonight."

I chuckled as looked at him and said, "What did Shawn have to say about this?"

He waved at me dismissively before saying, "He and Y/N are stuck with Rayyan about suits since those two idiots didn't bother to look for one in the last minute."

I pouted as I remembered the last time I saw Y/N's face was yesterday before I said, "I miss that idiot of mine."

Before Troye could even respond, I received a playful scoff from my Polynesian best friend as she said, "Girl please, you just saw her yesterday; stop being so clingy."

I playfully glared at Dinah and gave her a middle finger before Normani chimed in and said, "Dinah, stop stressing the girl out; she can't have any more wrinkles before prom night-"

"I do not have wrinkles!" I protested as I crossed my arms, earning waves of laughter from my asshole friends.

Normani continued setting up my desk with makeup and other accessories as she said, "Honey, everyone has wrinkles."

"Yeah, Camz, what's so bad about wrinkles?"

As everyone halted what they were doing and looked at me, I shrugged and crossed my arms loosely before saying, "I just don't think I have wrinkles."

"Okaaaay, enough about wrinkles. Can we get started now?" Troye chuckled out, making all of us nod our heads vigorously.

And so we began.

It started with Lauren first then Normani then Dinah and then it was me. Don't get me wrong, I like getting ready like the next person does but I've been dying to hear Y/N's voice and I can't when Normani and Dinah keep brushing powder on my face.

I was pretty sure I kept passing in and out of sleep because the girls took their time with me and whenever I asked them why, they would just say, "Let Y/N see this side of you tonight."

However, I won't blame them because it is an exciting night. Believe it or not, out of the five of us here, only Troye and I have dates.

Yes, Lauren, Normani and Dinah did get asked but they've decided to go together as a group as it is their last year together. It's kinda adorable in my opinion.

What felt like a million of years, I was suddenly wide awake when I felt my phone vibrate on my lap. I couldn't help but smile the instant I saw the name.