29 ↠ Camping : Proposals & long talks.

Camila's P.O.V

I have never felt so bored in my entire life.

It's only been 2 hours since we've driven and considering we're still an hour away, I'm dying of boredom. The rest of the group fell asleep and as much as I tried, I just couldn't. Plus, I didn't want to leave Y/N driving all alone while all of us were still sleeping. What kind of girlfriend would that make me?

Speaking of which, I still can't believe I'm dating the Y/N Y/L/N. Me. Camila Cabello is dating Y/N Y/L/N. A year ago, if you told me this would happen to me, I'd call you fucking insane but here I am; on a roadtrip, with Y/N. Love's incredible, really.

Anyways, back to the topic, the team captain wasn't doing anything to entertain me either. Not that I can blame her, considering the roads were so narrow, she needed to concentrate fully on driving.

But that didn't mean I couldn't strike a conversation with her.

"Are you still thinking of going to Harvard?" I asked suddenly, earning a quick glance from the team captain.

She gave me a small smile and a head nod before looking back at the road while saying, "If my grades go through then yeah. With Rayyan coming into my life, it's been less stressful to think about it than before."

"Why?"

Y/N took a deep breath before saying, "Well, my mother doesn't work and Pete was an alcoholic asshole which means that financially, I was struggling," Y/N said, her face expression unreadable as she added, "But with Rayyan in the picture, he's promised to help me out in any way he can. Not that I'm gonna ask him to pay for everything but he'll pay for the first semester before I make enough money to pay him back."

I grabbed her free hand and intertwined our hands before I said, "That's a good thing, right?" I asked softly, a small smile forming on my lips.

Y/N nodded her head with a soft sigh before she said, "Yeah but I don't want him to feel like he's obligated to do that just because he's my long lost father, you know," The team captain pointed out before she quickly added, "Which is why I've got a part time job at my grandfather's department as a trainee."

My jaw dropped at the revelation, not forgetting the fact that Rayyan wasn't on good terms with his father the last time they saw each other before I said, "Your grandfather? The police officer?"

Y/N chuckled nervously before she quickly glanced at me and nodded while saying, "Yeah. I mean, I know Rayyan isn't his biggest fan but he's paying me good money for a part time job."

"How'd you even meet him?" I asked with furrowed brows as I'm pretty sure they didn't crossed paths at the hospital.

"Well, you know how I've been scouting for new players around the school for the past 2 weeks?" She asked, looking at me with raised eyebrows as I nodded as a response before she added, "Just last week, he visited me when I was at the outdoor court and he sort of apologized for what happened and one thing led to another and now I got a part time job."

I gave her a small smile as a sign of support before I said, "I'm so proud of you," I said softly, placing a chaste kiss behind her hand before I reminded, "But you need to tell Rayyan about this; I highly doubt your grandfather is his favorite person right now."

Y/N chuckled while she sighed and said, "I know, I know," Y/N said defeatedly, her head nodding while she spared me a soft smile before adding, "But I haven't found the right time to tell him yet; however, I will tell him soon, okay?"

I couldn't help but offer her a warm smile before I nodded and quickly leaned in for a kiss as I said, "Okay."

"Hey Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters," Dinah called out teasingly but sleepily as she raised her head from Normani's shoulder and said, "Tone down the affection, will you? The rest of us are trying to sleep here."