Chapter 2

A/N: and we're back in the drama of things. Thank you for the hilarious comments lol they made me laugh hysterically. Enjoy the next chapter!

Maya's POV

*Maya's phone buzzing*

Really it's 6am. Who could possibly need something at 6am on a Saturday. When I looked at my phone and Riley's name was flashing on the screen. A few missed calls and about 10 text messages telling me to call her. I just laid there for a moment and let out a big, but quiet sigh and quietly got out of bed so I didn't wake up Lucas and I made sure to close the bedroom door so he couldn't hear anything. I went over and sat on the couch and grabbed my phone from the end table next to the couch and texted Riley.

M: you called and texted?
R: I told you in those messages to call me.
M: you're lucky I got out of bed this early to respond.
R: Maya, I know you're angry..
M: Riles.. I'm beyond angry.
R: Maya I just want you to talk to me.
M: if you want to talk to me, might I suggest you actually talk to me instead of trying to force me to drink and forget to remind me that your wonderful uncle boing was going to be there too.
R: Maya I wasn't thinking.
M: Riley how can I trust you with anything big that could be or will be happening in my life if you take what I tell you lightly and just act like it's not a big deal when it is?
R: can I come over so we can talk this through?
M: you can, but Lucas is here. He's sleeping in the bedroom though.
R: ... Okay I'll be over soon.

Maya's POV

Not even 10 minutes later Riley was knocking at the door, let's get this over with. I opened the door and invited her in and we sat on the couch and just stared at each other.

"So what's so urgent that you needed to come over?" I finally asked.
"I wanted to apologize in person for being an insensitive jerk." At least she admitted to it.
"Riley just because you are apologizing doesn't mean I'm going to forget this and go back to trusting you." I made sure the way I felt was clear.
"I understand that, I know something is going on and I feel it's something big that I should know about." She placed her hands on mine.
"Riley, trust me, I'm not ready to tell you." I said in a really weak voice.
"You're not sick are you?" She had an expression change from upset to concerned.
"No I'm not sick, it's huge and I still need to wrap my head around the idea myself, I promise once I figure everything out I will crawl through that bay window and tell you." I smiled at her.
"Is that why you were late and disappeared at the party?" She seemed curious. I know what she's doing she's trying to get me to slip and tell her.
"Yeah.. I was talking to Shawn about it." I smiled.
"I'm glad you guys are good again Maya" she had the big old Riley smile.
"Me too, Riles." I smiled to myself.

The longer I sat here talking with Riley the more I just wanted to tell her, but now isn't the time and I don't want to tell her while Lucas is in the next room. That's something for me and her to talk about on our own.

"So how's Lucas still sleeping?" Riley questioned me and it kinda made me laugh.
"Oh, he's, uh, very tired, I guess." I had a slight smirk on my face.
"Why's he always here?" She looked down at her hands like she knew this would probably peak a new argument.
"Well, why's Farkle always attached to your hip other then now? Lucas is my boyfriend Riley and he has been for a while now, his mom is in Texas visiting family and he didn't want to go so he could spend Christmas with me for the first time then that got changed. Then everyone finds out about my darkest secret including Lucas. I told no one of this and then I get forced into talking about it, just to turn around and have to face him again on New Years. I wanted one night without being reminded of my tortured past and yet the moment I walked into that party I was reminded when a drunk you tried pushing me into drinking, Lucas is always around to protect me because I ask him to because I trust him to, because I love him and he loves me." I stared at her straight in the eye.
"Maya were still in high school, we probably don't even understand what love means." If only she knew.
"Riley, my feelings, are my feelings. I know what I feel for Lucas. It's real and there's not a thing that will ever be better for me then Lucas." A fire was building on my eyes, I could feel it.
"I'm just saying there's more out there then settling with your high school sweetheart." She looked up at me.
"Riley, listen to me. I love Lucas. The thought of him leaving always is in the back of my head, but he doesn't. You don't understand the bond me and him have. I always feel like I'm ready to conquer the world with him next to me. He always does something sweet for me to keep me smiling, and he doesn't ask me stupid 20 million questions a day, he lets me be not alright in lighter situations, I understand this won't be light news, but I need to figure out things myself first before I involve you." At this very moment it made me realize how much I truly do love Lucas. I always knew I loved him, but love him this deep.
"Let me know when you're ready to talk peaches." She looked at me before walking out.
"I will Riles. You know that. Ring power." I smiled at her from across the room.
"Ring power." She whispers.

After sitting here for an hour after Riley left I needed to process everything that she said. Why is she acting jealous all of the sudden when she's the one who pushed us together in the first place.

I walk in the bedroom to find Lucas laying in bed on his phone playing one of his games.

"So how much did you hear Ranger Rick?" I glared at him. He wasn't even looking away from his phone.
"Oh, just enough to hear you profess your love for me to Riley." He said with a chuckle behind his voice.
"Lucas you know how I feel about you, I mean am I not carrying your child here?" I had both hands in the air in confusion to why it seemed like he was surprised.
"I know how you feel about me Maya, trust me, I do. I never heard you talk about me so passionately, like I'm something worth fighting for." He looked at me and smiled.
"You're always something worth fighting for, everyday." I couldn't help, but blush a little.
"We're going to have our own little family soon enough. Nothing else will matter, but that little baby." He cupped his hand around me cheek.
"I love you." I pulled him in for a kiss.

Lucas and I coming together wasn't a coincidence, it was just something that happened and I can't really picture my life since middle school without him, even then I was absolutely in love with him, just didn't understand those feelings back then, but I understand them now and they're hitting me full force.