Chapter 16

A/N: what's a story without a little drama? Haha. This chapter is a drama free one so no worries :) oh and I hope you guys like the new cover! thanks for reading!

Lucas's POV

L:hey buddy, are you free?
F: of course, what's up?
L:meet me at Topanga's?
F:see you in 15.
L:sounds good.

Maya works at Topanga's and she'll be off work soon so I was stopping to see her while I waited for Farkle. When I walked in, it was completely dead and Maya was sitting behind the counter and it looks like she's drawling. I quietly walk to the counter and take a seat.

"You're off work early Huckleberry." I could see her grinning, she didn't even need to look up.

"Yeah I got myself in a situation with Billy." I looked down at the counter top.

"Lucas, what did you do?" She was now looking at me.

"He, uh, was talking about you and I lost my temper.." I trailed off.

"What about me?"

"He was just saying horrible and cruel things, none of which needs to be repeated, ever. I gave him a warning to stop and he didn't listen so he got punched twice. Manager said he deserved it, but has to go by policy and suspend me for one day." For the first time ever I was almost crying in front of Maya because it kills me to see the way people talk about such an amazing girl.

"Okay as long as you're not hurt, that's all that matters." She smiled at me and placed her hand on mine.

"I would do anything to protect you Maya." I smiled at her.

"That may be true, Lucas, but you can't lay out every person who thinks their opinion about me is valid because it's not, they don't even know me." I could tell she was a little worried.

"I know, Maya. Like I said I lost my temper, I didn't want to hurt him."

"I know you didn't."

-Farkle Enters-

"Hey Lucas, you ready?" He smiled at us both.
"Ready for what?" Maya raised her eyebrow at me because of the current events that happened tonight I'm assuming.
"We're just hanging out, I texted him to meet me here so I could talk to you about this and let's be real here Maya, what can Farkle do physically to help me with that?" I chuckled and so did she.
"You have a point." She started laughing.
"Wait what?" He was so lost on what they were talking about.
"Lets go, I'll see you at home Maya." I smiled at her as Farkle and I started heading towards the door, Farkle stepped out before me.

"Lucas!" I turn around to see Maya running up to me, while she still can.

She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug. She placed her chin on my chest and looked up at me.
"I love you." She smiled.
"I love you, too, Maya." I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I'll see you in a few hours."

"Okay." She smiled and went back to work.

Farkle and I made our way to mine and Maya's apartment, I figured video games would keep my mind away from the Billy situation.

"So, Lucas.." Farkle finally broke.
"Yeah?" I answered him but not taking my eyes off the tv.
"What's up?" I know why he was asking this, but decided to play dumb.
"Currently? Well, currently I'm kicking your ass in call of Duty." I laughed, but he did not.
"Don't play dumb, I know you better then that Lucas, you wouldn't ask me to hang out at 9 at night for no apparent reason." I paused the game and turned off the Xbox.

"Texas Lucas made an appearance tonight." I looked down.

"Woah." Farkle was trying to be careful with his words.

"I lost my temper with Billy because he kept calling her broken and as much as she wore that proudly in middle school, it's not the case anymore and she knows that too. I'm not even saying it's because of me because I don't think it is, I think it's the baby." I smiled at Farkle.

"Lucas, that baby is part you, you're the reason that this is happening for her, you're the reason we see her actually smiling now, don't ever doubt how she feels, because when she feels, she feels hard and you should know that better then anyone." Farkle was always the person to go to for advice, he always knew the right thing to say.

"Thanks Farkle and also thank you for being here for Maya and I and supporting us with this from the start." I smiled at him.

"You're my best friend Lucas, there's no situation where I wouldn't be there for you guys."