Chapter 12

A/N: Short, but important filler.

Shawn's POV

What an exhausting trip for work. I love taking pictures for the website, but more important matters are back home.

S:hey kiddo
M:hey Shawn
S:do you want to get together when I'm back in town today?
M:I'd like that.
S:okay, I'll call when I'm close to being back in town.

No matter how complicated and messy mine and Maya's relationship has come since Katy died, I still love her like she's my own. Nothing could ever change that.

Maya's POV

*Maya's Phone Buzzes from text*

S:hey kiddo I'm about 15 minutes away so get ready
M:okay see you soon

About 20 minutes later there was a knock at the door. When I opened the door it revealed a smiling Shawn.

"Hey kiddo."
"Hi Shawn." I ran and gave him a hug.
"Is everything okay?"
"Not exactly. Um, come in I need to talk to you." He came inside and we sat on the couch.
"Is Lucas joining us?"
"No he's at work." If I don't tell him now, I don't think I ever will.
"Remember when Josh and I used to date?"
"Yeah. Of course I do. You were heart broken for months after that. That's why I wanted to be sure Lucas was good to you when I heard you guys were dating."
"Thank you Shawn, I appreciate that. Lucas is great, you don't need to worry."
"So what's this have to do with Josh?"
"Well, when you and mom got married, I snuck out to Josh's dorm and he was drunk and we got in this big fight a-a-and-" he cut me off.
"He hit you multiple times?" He looked as if he already knew.
"You know?"
"Yes, I knew shortly after the New Years party, Riley was really upset and worried about your friendship and we started talking and think she didn't realize how much she was venting about."
"No it's okay, Shawn. She told the Matthew's the other day and Matthews came and talked to me about it which was insanely awkward I might add." I chuckled.
"I can imagine, but why didn't you tell anyone about it?"
"I was scared, I didn't know what to do. I mean that's Riley's uncle, why would they believe something like that?" The emotions were slowly rolling in.
"Because they love you, they wouldn't have second guessed you."
"It's just funny because Lucas used to come over to comfort me and just be there as support and I think that's when things started slowly changing for us."
"When was Lucas ever over?"
"I'm you, think about it, how would you get a girl in?"
"Ahh, but I think he was the only one able to keep you going so I can't be angry with him for helping you."
"Trust me anything Lucas has ever done for me is out of kindness and love. He would never lay a hand on me. He already loves this baby more then anything, he wasn't even upset when he found out, he was more or less like we're in this together not even mentioning the options, which I'm okay with because I could never abandon my kid."
"I understand Maya. I'm glad you have someone who makes you happy. I can't wait to see what parents you two become."
"Thank you." I smiled at him.
"Anytime, but I think this next part needs to happen. Maya. You and Riley are best friends, yeah she said some dumb stuff that she didn't mean, that's why I found the need to do this.

There was sudden knocking at the door.
"Come in!" Shawn yelled.

When the door opened Riley was standing there.

"Hi Maya." She seemed hesitant to look at me.
"Hi Riles." I smiled at her.

"Okay, on that note, I'm going to give you two ladies space and go see Cory. Remember if this is as important as you two feel it is then you'll come to an understanding with each other." He looked at me and nodded and I nodded back letting him know that I got this.