Chapter 10

A/N: we're back to Maya's POV in this chapter, I hope you enjoy it :)

Maya's POV

"Who just texted you?" Lucas has been pretty protective of my well being lately.
"Oh it was Mr Matthews, he wants to talk to me tomorrow." I smiled at him.
"What about?"
"I'm not sure, he didn't say, his texts were pretty vague. I asked if everything was okay and he said yes and no, but said I'm not in trouble or anything." I gave Lucas a confused look.
"Well, I hope everything is okay." He grabbed my hand.
"On to happier things, we've been living together for the past month, how crazy are we?" I chuckled and smiled at him.
"Pretty crazy I'd say." He smiled at me.
"It's crazy to think back to where we started and now we're here, living together and pregnant." I nuzzled into his chest.
"I know, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know any other way then with you." I could feel him playing with my hair and I could tell he was smiling.
"Gosh, Ranger Rick, you sure know your way to a girls heart." I felt my face go blush.
"Only to yours." Gosh he's cute.

After we finished the movie we were "watching" we went to bed. Appears I'm going to have quite the day tomorrow.

-The Next Day/Before Lunch-

I was always the last one out of art, so when I got to my locker everyone was already at lunch so I took my time putting everything away. I saw Mr Matthews out of the corner of my eye come out of his class room, I'm sure he knew I was out here.

"Hey Maya, are we still on for after school?" He looked exhausted like he hadn't slept.
"Yeah, are you sure you just don't want to talk another time, you look exhausted." I glanced at him in concern because this wasn't normal behavior.
"I'm sure. I'll see you after lunch and school." He smiled at me.

I joined Lucas at lunch and began discussing with him the way Mr Matthews looked.

"Matthews looks like he hasn't slept in a week. Something is going on and I'm not sure what it is." I sighed.
"Do you need me to call off work?"
"No it's okay, he did say he just wanted it to be us, don't worry hee-haw I'll fill you in on everything as soon as you get home tonight." I kissed his cheek.

-After School-
I rushed home after class to clean up the popcorn that was spilled last night and tidy up the living room before Matthews got here. Just as I finished I heard knocking on the door. I let him in and got him a water bottle from the fridge and walked back into the living room and handed it to him and sat down with him.

"So what's up Matthews?" I looked at him.
"Maya I know about what Josh did to you.."
"Riley's guilt get the better of her?" I joked with him.
"Yeah, why didn't you tell us? He had a sense of hurt in his eyes.
" I don't know, I guess I was scared and a part of me believed that you guys wouldn't believe me." I looked down.
"I wish you would have told us sooner so this could have been dealt with sooner." Matthews is looking at me with heavy eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"Oh I talked to Josh in person about this, and it's dealt with now, I'm just so sorry that it happened. I never knew my brother to be capable of something like this." His eyes were filling up in tears which started to make me cry.
"It's okay really, it brought me and Lucas closer, I really can't be angry about that."
"It's not okay Maya."
"I just want to move past it finally and not dwell on the past." I sighed.
"I know that's another reason yours and Riley's relationship is on a strain. Maya, Riley misses you and I know you miss her." I knew this was coming.
"I do miss her, I miss her everyday, but she crossed a line and I'm not ready to act like nothing happened because it did where my child was involved." The anger wasn't as horrible as it was last month, I suppose that's a sign I'm getting closer to forgiving her.
"I understand Maya."
"I love Riley, Mr Matthews, she's my sister, but sometimes sisters fight and need time apart to understand each other and ourselves in the process." He just smiled at me.
"We all love you so much Maya. Topanga and I didn't take it lightly when we found out what happened. We just want good things for you." He was starting to act like himself again.
"I do have good things, I have you guys, I have Lucas and our baby and I have Shawn. I'm quite content with what I ended up with." I smiled at him.

He is right though. I do miss Riley, but I need to not forgive her so fast. These pregnancy hormones are the worst. I hate being emotional 24/7. I was a little upset that everyone knew now, but I understand Riley's reasonings for telling them.