Chapter 42

A/N: okay guys this chapter was the hardest and most emotional for me to write of these entire two books. I need you to bare with me on this because things will be okay after this in upcoming chapters, you have my word. I think 4ish chapters from now you'll get a really sentimental lucaya chapter so please stick with me because this story arc is very important to this entire book.

Lucas's POV

Farkle and I were hanging out at Topanga's when Riley walked in, in tears. Farkle instantly shot up and walked over to her.

"Riley what's wrong?" He asked her with concern. I already knew what happened, I didn't need to even ask.

"Maya and I got in a fight." She replied while wiping her tears off her cheeks.

"About what?" He asked as they sat down on the couch.

"We were filling out her baby book and she totally went insane and freaked out. I didn't even really have time to respond before she made me leave." She said while leaning into Farkle.

"Lucas you need to find out what's going on with her, she can't just keep treating people like this." He said to me.

"I know. I know just as much as you guys do. She's a cold stone wall right now and won't tell me what's bothering her. She won't even let me touch her without her going ape shit on me. I honestly don't know what to do for her if she won't help herself and her pregnancy hormones are making it worse." I replied as they both shook their heads and agreed with me.

"I still think you need to talk to her.. maybe if you handle it in a delicate matter she may open up to you on it, I mean you're having a baby together, she can't keep you in the dark forever." He responded.

"Um, Farkle have you even met Maya?" Riley chimed in with a duh tone in her voice.

"Yeah Farkle, Maya isn't one to easily break, I mean I'll try, but the odds are slim." I said as I got up to put my coat on to go home and talk to her.

"Are you going to go talk to her?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. She may be acting out of character, but I love her and want the best for her. I don't want this for her as you two don't. I at least need to try." I said as I walked out the door to head home.

When I got home and walked inside I found Maya on the living room floor with her knees up to her chest, crying hysterically. I walked over to her and put my arm around her and leaned my back against the couch while sitting on the floor next to her.

"Maya.. what's wrong and don't tell me nothing because you wouldn't be sitting her crying in hysterics and Riley wouldn't have walked into Topanga's crying. So I'm going to ask again what's going on?" I asked hoping she would open up because at this point that's all I wanted.

"I'm just having hormone issues today that's all." She replied.

"Stop lying. It's not just hormones there's something else bothering you." I said to her which immediately grabbed her attention with how forward I was being on this.

"I'm just feeling out of sorts lately, wondering what type of mom I'm going to be to this kid, the type of girlfriend I can be to you and it's just overwhelming me." She finally expressed to me.

"Maya, babe. You're an amazing girlfriend and you're going to be an amazing mother to him. I don't know anyone that could pull this off more then you. Things happen for a reason and this shows we're meant to be together. I love you and I want you to be happy." I said to her and it made her cry even more, but I don't think it was sad tears this time because she was leaning into me this time and this is the most closeness we've had in weeks.

"I love you Lucas." I heard her whisper while trying to catch her breath from crying.

"Why don't we do something together, you and I?" I asked her which brought her attention to meeting my eyes and she just looked so broken by the look in her eyes that broke my heart.

"Like what?"

"Let's start putting together the nursery. We keep putting it off and we need to get it done." I replied and she nodded with an emotionless response.

We walked into the nursery and started sorting through all the gifts we got for Maya's baby shower. I put together the changing table we got from the Matthews and put it against the wall. Then moved on to put together the crib we bought months ago. I started to adjust it to put it against the wall on the other wall.

"I don't know if I want the changing table there." She spoke up randomly.

"Uh, okay. I can move it?" I replied as I walked over to put it on another wall.

"I don't like it there either."

"Then where do you want it? There's only so many walls it can go against. I can't just leave it in the middle of the room. That's not how this works." I replied getting irritated.

"Is it too much to ask or something?" She retorted.

"It needs to go somewhere Maya. You can't just pick at everything I'm trying to do here." I replied.

"If I don't want it there then I don't want it there. How is it that hard to understand?" She responded.

"Maya, this should be a team effort not just what you want. I'm just as much apart of this as you are. Remember that is half of me in there. Don't forget that."

"You know what this was probably a mistake to try and do this." She said.

"You know what. You're right."

"What do you mean I'm right?" She asked. "It was you who wanted to do this."

"It was a mistake thinking we could ever be together." I replied being fed up with it. I love her more then life itself, but I don't know what to do for her anymore, I can't do anything right in her eyes.

"What are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, I'm done here. I can't do this with you anymore. No matter what I do, I can't do right by you. I try to get you to open up to me all the time and it gets me no where." I rose my voice at her which scared her because I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"If you want to leave then leave. No one is keeping you here Lucas. You're clearly not happy and you never were." She responded. She tried to act as if what I was saying wasn't bothering her, but I know it's killing her inside because her number one fear is being left and she's going to fall apart the second I walk out that door.

"You're wrong. I was happiest with you before you went all woe is me bullshit on me and expect me not to question anything." I explained as I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "I mean you won't even let me touch you, what kind of relationship is that?"

"Apparently not one you want. I'm clearly that awful so just leave."

"I'll be out in the next hour. If you go into labor or if anything else happens, have Riley get ahold of me." I said as I packed my things and left to go back and live with my mom.

I went and dropped my stuff off at my moms and then texted Riley telling her that I was coming over to talk to her and to have the bay window unlocked for when I got there.