Chapter 30

A/N: sorry this story has taken so long to update, I was having tremendous writers block for this story. Hopefully this makes up for it.

Maya's POV

-after school-

Lucas bought me a bunch of maternity clothes after school. I appreciate the kind gestures that he does for me.

"Have a good night at work Huckleberry." I pecked him on the cheek before sitting down on the couch.

"I will, good luck on your talk with the Matthews." He smiled at me.

"Thanks." With that he left to go to work.

I cut all the price tags off my new clothes and put them in the washer and sat back down having an hour to kill still, I ended up falling asleep.

•••

I woke up with minutes to spare before they get here. I went and switched the washer over to the dryer and just as I start the dryer I heard knocking on the door. I took a deep breath before opening her door giving them access to come in.

"So Maya, what did you want to talk to us about?" Mrs Matthews says as they sit down on the couch.

"I want to talk to you about Josh.." Their smiles went from happy to sad in .2 seconds.

"What about Josh? What did he do now?" Matthews still seem really upset over this, which will make this conversation much harder then it needs to be.

"You guys need to let him in your life again, I get what he did was bad and awful, but he's your family, he misses you guys and I know you miss him too, so stop being stubborn and putting me first and reconnect with your brother." My tone of voice didn't waiver once.

"What do you mean Maya? It's not that simple." Mr Matthews replied.

"Actually it is, you let him back in your life and you worry less about me, I love you guys so much and appreciate everything you've done for me, but I have Lucas, Riley and Farkle who are all looking out for me. Let your family be a family and not have it broken like mine. Please." I was literally begging them and it's not even because of Josh. I know what it's like to get left and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even Josh.

"Is this what you really want Maya? That means seeing him on holidays." Mrs Matthews finally had the chance to say something before Mr Matthews.

"I understand that. Me and him have had conversation recently and were at an understanding with each other." I was being as sincere with them as I possibly could be without looking like I completely forgive Josh because I don't, not ever.

"Then we will have a talk with him and make amends." Mr Matthews nodded at me.

"Thank you guys and if it's alright I want to be the one to tell Riley about this." They looked at each other and then looked back at me.

"I don't see why that would be a problem Maya." Mrs Matthews smiled at me assuring me that it was okay.

"Great, I'm going to text her right now, the sooner I tell her, the less guilt I'll feel from not telling her because I wanted to be the one to talk to you guys first." They seemed to understand my choices. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and texted Riley.

-text with Riley-

Maya: hey riles, are you busy?
Riley: not at the moment, what's up?
Maya: I need you to come over, I'm ready to talk to you about what happened the other day.
Riley: I'm on my way.

-end text conversation-

"Maya is that what you wore to school today?" Mrs Matthews pointed at Lucas's sweats that I was wearing and his hoodie.

"Yes it is." I looked up from my phone and responded to her.

"Do you want me to take you shopping for maternity clothes?" Mrs Matthews offered.

"Actually Lucas took me shopping after school and bought me a bunch of clothes, their actually in the dryer as we speak." I smiled at she so she knew everything was fine.

"Good, I'm glad he's taking care of you." I could tell she meant that.

"He always does." I smiled to myself.

We lost track of time because we were so into the conversation that Riley was knocking on the door already.

"Well Topanga, I believe that's our sign to get going." The Matthews and I walked to the door to let Riley in.

"Uh, Riley where's Auggie?" Topanga instantly noticed auggie wasn't with her.

"Uncle Shawn is at the house with him." There was a sigh of relief out of the both of them when she said that.

"Thanks for coming today guys. I'll see you soon." I smiled at Mr and Mrs Matthews.

After they left, Riley and I made our way to the couch and sat down and began chatting.

"I wanna talk to you." I finally let out.

"About what peaches? You can tell me anything.

"You need to let Josh back in your life." For a split second she stared at me in disbelief.

"Maya, he hurt you, why would I do that?" There was so much shock in her voice. It kinda surprised me.

"Because Riles, your parents are and you should too, he's your uncle." That seemed to make her angrier, maybe this is going to be more difficult then it was with her father.

"And your my sister Maya!" I could tell she was a brink away from being in tears.

"Riles that's not the same and you know it. That's why your parents were here because I was telling them the same thing. I'm not leaving your life Riley don't think that for a second, I'll still be at every silly family function you invite me to, but Josh will be apart of that too because he is your family, like it or not. I promise you Riles, me and you are forever." She sighed and finally smiled and put her hand up.

"Thunder?" She smiled.
"Lighting!" I smirked.
"Forever." We both say in unison, remembering the last time we did this was freshman year when we thought we made the right choices regarding the triangle.