Chapter 27

A/N: I'm thinking the chapter after this is when I'll start getting into the pregnancy more :)

Maya's POV

"Lucas why are you crying?" I didn't know what else to say, I've never seen this before.

"I'm upset with myself for noticing it." I really wish he wouldn't blame himself for something that wasn't his or my fault.

"That wasn't up to you to notice, it was on me to say something about what was going on and I didn't, I failed you guys not you." We locked eyes for a moment.

"Maya, you didn't fail anyone, you were scared." He's right though, I was scared.

"Yeah I suppose I was. So, uh, do you have anymore questions?" He seemed ready to move on to another topic.

"Yeah, I do, actually.. Why did you come to me? You could have gone to Riley, but you came to me." He seemed pretty serious in needing to know this at this precise moment. Although I know he knows the answer, he just wants to actually hear me tell him.

"I don't know, I never really had a moment where I didn't like you, I stepped back for Riley's happiness. When everything happened that last night all I wanted was you, as silly as that sounds, not even in the romantic type of way, I just wanted to be near you that night because you're the one person that blinds me of my problems just by smiling. I just wanted to feel happy and where someone wouldn't judge me. I felt safe with you Lucas, I think that's when I started realizing what I felt about you in Texas was real, I wasn't confused, I was scared." I could see his eyes getting a little glassy like he was about to start crying, it was incredibly different seeing this side of him.

"Maya I'm glad you came to me about it because look where it got us? Yeah timing couldn't have been worse, but I don't regret it." He was smiling from ear to ear, it was moments like these where I wish it would just stay like this.

Corey's POV

"Topanga this has been one insane week, I need a vacation." I plopped down on the couch folding my arms.

"A vacation from what? Life? Sorry that train left ten minutes ago and you missed it." She had a smirk on her face.

"Well, why not?" I wasn't understanding her logic, I thought it was a great ideaZ

"Because this is real life Cory. Maya's pregnant, her and Lucas are handling it well, Shawn being back and now this josh stuff. This is reality and we need to hold on tight when the next meltdown happens, not saying there will be, but you never know." She smiled at me and that's when everything around me just didn't matter, what mattered was her and our family.

"I just worry about Maya. She's been through apparently much more then we thought we knew." I looked down for a second.

"Maya's the strongest girl we know. She's going to be a wonderful mother, she won't let that child experience growing up like she did, have faith in her Cory." She softly grabbed my hands and we just stayed like that for a moment staring at each other.

"I know, she's going to be great." I looked back up at her and smiled.

"So, do you really want to take a vacation now?" She's right, I don't.

"No, I don't. I think I'm just still furious with Josh and I don't want that happening again to her." I have that constant need of always needing to be there.

"Well, you wouldn't be you if you didn't think like that. You're always there, always. Maya knows that too." Hearing this from her helped me feel a lot better.

"I try to be." I half smiled at her.

"God Cory shut up-" as I looked up and was about to respond to that comment, she kissed me. Within seconds I completely lost any thought on the conversation we were just having. Honestly, this was just so much better.

"You good now?" She said after she pulled away and smiled.

"Yeah Topanga, I'm good." I smiled at her and pulled her in and kissed her forehead. I'm more then good, I'm great.