Chapter 8

A/N: I have plenty more chapters and everything else coming up. I've been working so hard on this story on top of having a full time job, so I apologize for any delays in updates! Thank you all for those of you that read the first book, I was looking at it on my computer today it's up to 1.3k views in a little over a month, I can't say what that means to me, thank you.

Maya's POV

To avoid Riley, Zay agreed to switch seats with me. At this point in time I wish nobody would notice me because I need to get through this Riley thing without people constantly staring at me. Lucas then walked in to find me in the seat behind his.

"Why are you in Zay's seat?" He seemed confused and barely awake.
"He agreed to switch with me so I don't have to have the reminder of yesterday in the corner of my eye, why are you so tired?" I looked at him in concern because I've never seen him with not enough sleep.
"Oh I was up all night packing." He smiled at me.
"I can't wait for us to take this next step Lucas, when are you thinking of moving in officially?" Blush filled my cheeks.
"I was hoping I would be able to start bringing some of my things over today, if that's okay?" He sat in his seat and turned to me and took my hand.
"Of course it's okay, I have to work after school, but you have your key right?" I always enjoyed these little moments with him.
"Of course, do you want me to stick around til your off work?" His little gestures is what made me first fall for him and everyday it gets deeper.
"I was thinking maybe you could stay over tonight and then finish the rest tomorrow?" I said nervously.
"Sounds like a plan." He was smiling like a doofus.

We were laughing and carrying on and when I looked up Riley was standing by her desk staring at us.

"Yes?" My eyes darted at hers.
"M-Maya, can I talk to you?" She was barely making eye contact with me.
"I think you've said enough already." I just got to the point instead of trying to avoid hurting her feelings.
"Maya come on.. Ring power?" I could see the hope falling from her face when she just saw me sit there with no response.
"Riley class is about to start so instead of broadcasting our problems to our peers, why don't you just pay attention to whatever your dad has planned for homeroom today." I know I was being mean, but she hurt me and wasn't even there for me when I needed her. Especially over something this huge.

The first 30 minutes Matthews is letting us do homework and I could feel his eyes on me, I didn't need to look up to know when he was looking at me.

"Miss Hart? Mr Friar?" Matthews was looking at us.
"Yes?" We both looked up at him in unison.
"Can I speak to you guys for a few minutes out in the hall?" Well, why not were already in a mess anyways.

Matthews led the way to the door and then we both walked out in the hall and Matthews closed the door behind him.

"So what happened yesterday Maya?" There was a lot of concern behind his voice and I couldn't tell if it was for my benefit or Riley's.
"Simple as this. Riley's not supportive of this unexpected surprise. Called me a prostitute for having what was a heat of the moment relation with Lucas. She told me to leave so I did, not before I tried talking it out with her. She made me wait for Lucas in the rain. So Shawn came down and sat with me until Lucas got there. I'm not trying to be mean and with all due respect Matthews, but I need to take care of myself and my child, I can't be stressing over Riley and her thoughts on this. I tried and she wouldn't work with me and I just can't forget the things she said." My eyes started to fill with tears and I felt Lucas put his hand on my back for support.
"Maya, I'm sorry.. I didn't think she would react in such a way, I mean Shawn filled in a lot of the blanks, but now it makes sense. Just know if you need anything, Topanga and I are a phone call away. It may take time, but I know you guys will get through this. You're Riley and Maya." I'm glad someone had more hope towards this situation more then I did. He's right though, it'll take time.
"We'll see." I said quickly.
"How are you two doing?" He changed the subject quickly.
"We're doing fine. Lucas is moving in tomorrow, it'll be great having him around to help with the pre baby stuff." I cracked a smile and I could see Lucas smiling too.
"That's great you guys, I'm happy such a tough situation for any teenager has brought you guys closer together rather then apart." He honestly did seem genuinely happy for us.
"Maya and I are in this one together, sir. I love her and I'm going to do my best to take care of her and this baby." His face was literally so bright from happiness.
"I know you will, Mr Friar." He had a gentle smile on his face.

-Between Art and Lunch-

Finally drawing in at the end of the day. Lunch then history. I was putting all my art supplies away in my locker and I could sense I wasn't alone anymore and when I turned around I was surprised to see Farkle standing before me.

"Hey." I smiled at him.
"Hey back." He smiled back at me.
"What's up? Shouldn't you be with Riley?" I questioned him out of curiosity.
"Probably, but I'm more worried about you right now, Riley needed to realize her errors and I think she did." His smile fell.
"I'm gathering you know." The last thing I ever wanted was for people to find out when I'm not even showing yet.
"Yes." He kept his answer short.
"That's great, because I wanted everyone to know when I literally just found out a week ago." I rolled my eyes in irritation.
"Maya I'm not here to attack you as Riley did, I'm supporting you guys in this. I've made how I felt about her reaction very clear to her and she even admitted she made a mistake." He was nervous being around me, I could tell.
"Then why are you so nervous then if you supposedly support us?" At this point I can't wait for school to be over.
"This is just as new for us as it is for you too Maya." He was starting to sound like the Farkle I know now.
"I somehow find that hard to believe that it's even the same type of new to me as it is for you, I mean you're not going to be the one with a child growing inside you and getting probably bigger then you anticipated Farkle so I don't think you understand the type of "new" that it is." I'm trying not to be so hostile, but the hormones are taking over.
"I'm sorry, Maya. I am here for you though. I just wanted you to know that." He has a smile again.
"Thanks Farkle." I broke a smile finally.

When I got to the cafeteria, Lucas was waiting for me at an empty table while Riley sat two tables over who also saw Farkle and I walk in together.

"Hey Ranger Rick." I teased him as I sat down.
"Hey short stack." He was getting even now, the game we have had going since 7th grade is still going strong.
"Is this day over yet?" I sunk my head in to my hands.
"Not quite. Why?" He's always so concerned, I love that he always needs to make sure I'm okay.
"I'm tired of the Riley drama for the day, I just want to go to work and then come home to you. That's it really." I could feel her all around me and she's not even sitting with us, but her eyes were like a laser to my head.
"Soon enough it'll be that way everyday after school." He smiled and intertwined our fingers.
"Then we get to have an early start on having a life together." I smiled.
"Yeah, isn't that something?" His eyes were lighting up as he said that.
"I love you." I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arm around me.

This is really the time I felt extra safe with Lucas is when we had these little moments. Talking about the future never scared us, not even when we first started dating. Who would have thought that the sidekick would get the guy and get a happy ending? Not me.