Chapter 40

Maya's POV

After Riley left I watched a movie by myself. It was getting close to when Lucas would be home so I decided to make us dinner. It took me an hour to do, but I did it. Oddly he isn't home yet, which is weird. He's always home on time everyday from work. After waiting it out for another hour I just decided to eat because I couldn't starve myself and my child. I ended up putting his food in the fridge because I have no idea where he is. I'm not sure to be worried or not. At the same time this is very out of character for him. I fell asleep without realizing it because I woke up an hour later to Lucas coming in, when I glanced at the clock it was 11:30pm. I just looked at him as we walked in the living room area.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked me with a confused look on his face.

"Lucas, it's 11:30, where have you been?!" I instantly started in on him.

"I had to work longer then expected." He explained to me.

"So I'm undeserving of a phone call so I know you're going to be late?"

"I didn't think it would be this big of a deal." He replied.

"Well, it is a big deal Lucas. How was I suppose to know you weren't laying in a ditch somewhere? A phone call would have been nice instead of being left to wonder where the hell you were." I yelled at him and I mean really yelled at him. It's not that I was angry, I was worried.

"I'm sorry, I should of called. I'm trying to make as much money as possible for us for when he gets here, so I'm sorry for trying to be responsible." He replied, raising his voice.

"No kidding you should have called. Thank you for stating the obvious, captain obvious." I retorted.

"Seriously? Why are you this upset over me being late?" He asked wanting an answer.

"Because even though I'm 7 months pregnant I spent an hour making us dinner to surprise you when you got home and that just kinda didn't happen." I replied to him while trying not to burst into tears.

"You made me dinner?"

"Don't act so surprised, I usually always make you dinner." I responded as I sat back down on the couch.

He followed my lead and sat next to me and just stared at me for a moment. I think he could see how I was actually concerned to where he was and he gave me a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I'm truly sorry I didn't call. It won't happen again. Thank you for making me dinner. I appreciate the things you do for me, don't ever think for a second that I don't because I do." He finally said.

"It's fine. Just go warm up your dinner and eat it. Then after that come watch a movie with me." I replied giving in to his apology.

After Lucas ate we decided on a movie together and cuddled on the couch. After the movie was over I just stared at him.

"What?" He said with a smile.

"Nothing, I just like looking at you, is that a crime?" I retorted.

"Well, no, but this may be.."

He pressed his lips firmly against mine. I easily get so lost in his kisses and he knows it. We switched positions so I could straddle him and we went back to it. Things started to heat up fairly quickly until I felt his hand run up my thigh, which triggered something.

"Lucas.. stop. I don't want to do this." I said as I crawled off of him.

"What's wrong with you? You never deny having sex and now all the sudden you are? It doesn't make any sense." He said looking really confused.

"I'm just not feeling it, okay?"

"Since when are you 'not feeling it?' It's kinda what got us in this predicament in the first place." He retorted.

"Can you just drop it? If I don't want to, I don't want to. What's so hard to understand about that." I replied in a horse voice because I was starting to cry.

"Really? You're going to cry?"

"Really? You're going to be an asshole because your girlfriend doesn't want to make your dick wet right now." I replied to him which just made him stare at me in shock.

After that I just got up and went to bed. I have to work at the bakery in the morning anyways, so I need to get what sleep I can. Although I'll probably spend it crying myself to sleep after that argument.

Lucas's POV

-Next Day-

After Maya left for work I texted Farkle asking him if him and Riley could come over to hang out. Which he said they could, about 30 minutes later there was a knock at the door. Once we all sat down in the living we all started talking.

"So where's Maya?" Riley asked.

"Work." I replied while contemplating bringing her up with them, so I just decided to go with it. "Have you guys been noticing any strange behavior in Maya lately? Like more strange then usual?"

"Yeah, Farkle and I were just talking about this last night. She hasn't been herself lately." Riley responded.

"Yeah, we were all hanging out yesterday and she got mean real quick and then stormed out and Riley found her crying in her car." Farkle chimed in explaining the events of yesterday since I wasn't there.

"Last night she denied sex, which was weird because she never denies it." I explained to him.

"Well I figured considering you have a kid on the way." Farkle retorted which made us all laugh.

"Lucas, I'm honestly worried about her." Riley got all serious with her statement.

"Yeah."

"Something isn't right, I think something is bothering her. She keeps lying to me and says it's nothing and that it's pregnancy hormones, but I think it's more then just that and that it goes deeper then the hormones." Riley explained to me and I think she's right.

"Have you tried asking her?"

"Yes multiple times. I think she was trying to tell us in her Maya way yesterday because her mood did a 360 flip on us at the bakery."Riley said.

"I'm starting to get worried about her." I told her.

"She keeps asking me at various different times if I think she'll be a good mom and I don't really understand why."

"I don't know, she hasn't said anything to me about that. We've spent most of the week fighting and it's getting exhausting." I explained to them.

"Just keep an eye on her. I don't know what's going on in her head, but it can't be good."

After we had our discussion about Maya, we ordered a pizza and watched some tv shows on Netflix. It was nice to be able to hang out with the two of them for once with how busy I've been working, I haven't had the time to see them much.