Chapter 13

A/N: Thank you everyone for reading this story, I'm so glad that most of you like it. I'm working really hard on it, I love hearing your guys' thoughts on it too! Enjoy this one!

Maya's POV

I was facing this sooner then I anticipated, but it was likely to happen sooner or later. My fight with Riley happened well over a month ago and I missed her more then anything. We've gone our whole lives being together until this past month. Riley was just standing at the door looking lost.

"You just going to stand there or are you going to come sit down?" I said sarcastically.
"Yeah, sorry." She knew my house, but she acted as if she hand seen anything in years. She just sat on the couch next to me all uncomfortable.
"So.. Riles, what's up?" I tried to be as neutral about this as possible.
"I think it's about time we talk about the void between us.." She couldn't even look at me, how does she expect me to talk to her if she wouldn't even look at me.
"Well, let's start with you looking at me, so, look at me." I grabbed her face and turned it towards mine so she was looking at me.
"Okay Riles now that you're looking at me, why?" I wanted answers to why she would get upset over something I had no control over and why she told her family about Josh and I, I didn't make it known to the Matthews or Shawn or even Lucas that I was upset by this.
"I don't know Maya, it came as a shock, the last thing that I ever suspected you would say was that you were pregnant. Everything just happened so quickly that I didn't have time to understand the situation, I should have supported you." She was finally starting to actually really look at me like she used to.
"Yeah, you should have. Riles, I didn't plan for this to happen, things happen that's out of our control and we have to take it as is. I don't know what this parenting thing is about, but I'm learning. Right now I need to do what's best for the baby, Lucas and myself and I'm sorry if you're having trouble accepting that Lucas and I are together, but this is my real life, I need you to respect that."

She just stares at me with no response.

"Riles, I need you to say something, because we can't move on to the next part of why I'm mad until we talk about this part. What's going on with you?" I just was trying to see if my best friend is still in there.
"Nothing is going on with me, Maya. It's not everyday your best friend drops on you that their pregnant when everyone knew before me. I regret that whole conversation we had the day you told me. I miss you Maya, I'm sorry." She had tears in her eyes.

I paused for a moment to collect my thoughts on the next conversation, I bit my lip before I continued.

"Why did you tell them Riles? Why did you tell Shawn, Lucas and your parents?" I needed to get this part out of my system.
"Because they needed to know."
"No they didn't, Riley! That was my business, my personal business! Something I wanted to forget and everyone is making near impossible to forget. This is why I kept it a secret for as long as I have. I knew this very thing would happen." I'm sure my neighbors could hear me yelling, but at this point I didn't care.
"I get it okay, obviously not literally, but mentally. I'm sorry that everyone is full of questions, but they cornered me into telling them what was going on." She had a look of sympathy, but I wasn't going to let that break me.
"That's not even why we were fighting and you knew that. Yet you tell them anyways. I would have been jus fine if josh had kept his stupid mouth shut." I slouched back in the couch and crossed my arms.

"So where does that leave us Maya?" This was an all issues aside question.
"Riles, you're my best friend and I love you. You're my sister. No matter how right you thought it was, and it may have been, but this isn't just my life you're playing with now. Lucas and the baby have a role too. Some things are better left unsaid and to answer your question, yes, we're still friends, but I still need time away from you. I'll come back to you when I'm ready, you know that." A tear rolled down my cheek.
"I understand and I'm trying my best to right my wrongs and I know that's going to take time. I'll see you around, don't forget about me." She stood up and started walking towards the door.

"Riles?"
"Yeah, peaches?"
"Ring power?" I held up my hand with our friendship ring.
"Ring power." She held hers back at me and smiled.
"I could never forget you Riles, I'll be back, I promise."
"Good. I'm glad we talked."

And with that she left. I have to say it felt much better getting all my anger out of my system and thank goodness Lucas wasn't here for it. I understand Riley is sorry, but my main priority is me right now. Us taking a break from each other may be good for us because when we come back from this our friendship will be stronger then ever and we will have learned from this. I'm certainly learning everyday on how to be a mother and honestly it terrifies me. I know I can do this though, and Lucas is happy about this, what else do I need to know really?