Chapter 28

A/N: Everyone ready to go into Maya's pregnancy now? Well, it's here. :)

Maya's POV

-1 Month Later/13 Weeks-

We were going in school late today because we have an appointment with the doctor just to check and make sure everything is okay. When I woke up the sun was coming shining through the curtains and shined on Lucas's face. I could see every feature outlined on his face thanks to the sun and it just made lightly smile at him. His eyes started fluttering open and I closed mine so he didn't think I was staring at him all morning.

"Good morning beautiful." He said in a sleepy voice and pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead.

"I hope you know this decision of us going to the appointment together is going to raise questions at school." I raised my eye brow at him.

"I know, but this isn't about them, if they have a problem that's on them not us, this is about you and me." I lightly chuckled when he said you and me from a past memory.

"What's so funny?" It's not like I expected him to remember this.

"You said you and me. It reminded me of Riley's New Years party in 8th grade when Charlie wanted to play that ridiculous couples game and that's how you asked me to be partners." I looked up at him smiling.

"I remember that." He had a big goofy grin plastered on his face, that's how I know he remembers.

"I'm gonna go start getting ready for the appointment." I then but my lip and then kissed him on the cheek.

I got up and grabbed some clothes and went in the bathroom and noticed something when I walked past the mirror so I slowly started walked backwards to confirm if I saw what I thought I did. Sure enough I couldn't help, but smile and I instantly put my hand on my stomach.

"Huh, maternal instincts must be kicking in already." I whispered to myself with a smile.

I walked back in the bedroom to find Lucas still laying in bed, but this time browsing his phone.

"Ranger Rick, can I detach you from your phone for one minute to show you something." He sat up and set his phone down on the end table and faced towards me.

"My attention is all yours Miss Hart." I walked over to him and rolled my shirt up to the top of my stomach and showed him they a baby bump has finally started to show.

"It's so real now." He glanced at my stomach and put his hand on it and kissed my belly.

"Yeah, it's officially real now." I leaned down and kissed him passionately on the lips.

"What's going on Maya?" He asked after we both slightly pulled away.

"Thank you for giving me this." Since he was still sitting down and I was standing up, my fingers were still just sitting in his hair from my impulsive need to make out with him. Hormones are clearly changing, yikes.

"For giving you what, Maya?" He's playing that game again where he knows what I'm talking about.

"For this, this life we've chosen to live, for always believing in me. You gave me something I was absolutely terrified to have and I'm not terrified anymore." I smiled at him and he hugged me, since I'm short it was like a normal hug.

"I love you, Maya." He whispered in my ear and it sent chills down my spine.

-Doctor's Appointment-

We were sitting in the waiting room looking at magazines as I noticed him smirking.

"What's the look for huckleberry?" He showed me he was looking at nursery themes and he saw a cowboy one.

"Oh no, keep dreaming Ranger Rick, that's not happening, I already have enough cowboy living under my roof." I glared at him.

"Come on Maya, it would be cute." He's asking for it.

I grabbed him by his shirt and our noses were touching.

"Listen hee-haw, we are not doing a cowboy themed nursery." I let go and looked forward and noticed everyone in the waiting room staring at us. I completely forgot about everyone else.

The nurse walked out.

"Maya Hart?" oh thank god.

Lucas and I followed the nurse to the ultrasound room. She asked me the basic questions like any doctor does, but she started questioning Lucas too.

"Who's this, Maya?" She has her pen in her hand pointed at Lucas.

"This this Lucas, my boyfriend and the father of the child." I already know what she's probably thinking.

"Is he just attending this visit or will be be at other ones too?" She looked back over at me while asking this.

"He'll be attending every last one of them, we were keeping the pregnancy on the down low at school so we could figure everything out and we didn't need the added stress of everyone knowing at the moment so it was my choice for him not to come the first few appointments. He's been 200% committed to this pregnancy since I told him-" I felt Lucas grab my hand which interrupted what I was saying. He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"Calm down, if she doesn't know the story, of course she won't get it. Just relax." He kissed the side of my head and continued listening to her and now she understands the situation.

"Okay, Maya, I need you to lift up your shirt so we can get this ultrasound started." She smiled at me as I rolled up my shirt and she squirted that cold jelly on my stomach. We were both in love with the screen, everything was perfect. Toes starting to form and such a strong heart beat.

Nothing else matters right in this moment. I'm happy and Lucas is happy. I've never seen such a happy glow on his face before. They say most men aren't ready to be a dad until their baby is born, but that's not always true. Just with Lucas has been since the day he found out, he's been ready since then.